Dead in the Water

Stop Playing With Your Food

(Nonnie’s POV)

I rolled over to the empty side of the bed. Frank usually got up around this time while I was sleeping to feed on packet’s. I had once randomly thought about how it grossed me out. So he started drinking them when I was sleep, but it never failed to wake me a little. It was usually easy for me to get back to sleep, but my phone started ringing. I reached over and picked up the phone, flipping it open without checking the number.

“Hello?” I said my voice still raspy from just waking up.

“You sound sexy when you just wake up,” Gerard said. I didn’t wait to hear what else he had to say. I quickly hung up the phone and seconds later it was ringing again. I looked at the number it was Mikey’s. I quickly answered it knowing he wouldn’t call this late unless there was an emergency.

“Mikes?” I said, my voice raising an octave.

“Sugar it’s rude to hang up on people.” Gerard said. My eyes went wide. “I just wanted to invite you to a little get together. Just me and my brother hanging out down by the board walk. I’m sure he would love for you to join us.” then he hung up. I was out of the bed not a second later, changing into my clothes. I had to start blocking my mind, if Frank knew what I was doing he would kill me long before Gerard got the chance.

I snuck down to the weapons room and grabbed a bunch of stakes and a bow and arrows. Who would have thought that I would have really good aim with one of those things. It was also Amanda’s weapon of choice. I quietly made my way out of the front door. Then rushed to my car. I hopped in a started the car. As I pulled out of the driveway Frank broke through my wall.

“Nonnie where…” I pushed him back out of my mind the way Amanda had taught me. I knew he would be running through the house now waking up everyone so he could follow me.

It took about twenty minutes to get to the boardwalk. I had no clue why Gerard loved to be so close to the water. It has always been the one place I was uncomfortable. I got out and grabbed my weapons putting the bow over my shoulder along with the arrows. I made my way over to the board walk and was surprised to see that Mikey was sitting tie to a chair and alone about ten feet away from me. I looked around quickly and started walking forward. His head snapped up to look at me and he started shaking his head telling me no. I knew this had to be a trap, but I also knew that if I got him free, the two of us had a chance of fighting them off until Frank and the other’s caught up.

I kept looking around checking to see when they would jump out until I reached Mikey. I removed the gag from his mouth and then went behind him to untie his hands.

“Nonnie you shouldn’t have come.” he said as I finally untied his hands. I came back to stand in front of him as he stood up. “It’s a trap,”

“I know, but I think we can…” my words were cut off as he grabbed me by my neck and lifted me off the ground. He gave a chuckle.

“No you don’t,” I started struggling to get free from his hand.

“Thank you Mikey,” Gerard said walking to stand next to his brother. “You can go feed now,” Mikey dropped me down to the ground and I scrambled to stand up and took my fighting stance. “Haven’t we played this out before? It’s just going to end the same.”

“Why don’t we test that theory?” I responded. I almost didn’t finish what I said as he attacked me. I quickly blocked his punch with my right hand. I knew already I was in trouble my shoulder still hurt from earlier, but I wasn’t going to go without a fight. I pushed all thoughts of my pain from my mind and started concentrating on the fight. He was faster and he was stronger. All I had was technique and I hoped that would be enough. I spun around dodging another hit and pulled out a stake stabbing him in his arm. He let out a carnal scream.

“You’re starting to upset me Sugar. Now be a good little girl and come to Papa.” I wasn’t prepared for him to simply rush at me, but I side stepped him and he flew past me. I quickly got the bow and arrow ready to fire and aimed at his chest. Without hesitation I fired an arrow, faster than I thought possible he dodged it. I quickly reloaded and aimed, but it was too late he was in my face knocking the bow and arrow from my hands. He hit my left shoulder immediately reopening the wound for the second time. I screamed out in pain.

I tried not to let it faze me and started fighting again. I even started using my left arm. Every hit or block caused fireworks to course from my arm through the rest of my body. I wasn’t sure how long we had been fighting, but I was getting tired faster than I wanted to. He knew it too cause he just seemed to be fighting harder while I was getting weaker. I fell to the ground as he backhanded me hard across the face.

“I told you not to fight it,” he said. I pulled out a stake and stabbed him in his leg. He fell over beside me and I stood up. My arm hung limp at my side. I pulled out another stake and bent over him, but out of nowhere I was thrown away and landed hard on my left arm. I looked up to see a vampire I didn’t know. He had brown hair that was about shoulder length and he was taller than Gerard.

“I thought you said she didn’t know about how strong she was?” He said looking over at me. He helped Gerard stand up.

“Someone’s been training.” I stood up and took a weak fighting stance. “Nonnie meet my good friend Ian.” my eyes went wide.

“You have company on the way, you better stop playing with your food.” Ian said with a laugh. For no more than two seconds I was distracted, but that was all Gerard needed. Even injured he was incredibly fast. He hit me and I flew back on my back hitting my head hard on the boardwalk. Then darkness took over.
♠ ♠ ♠
nonnie deserves an award for this doesnt she?