Dead in the Water

A Voice To Finally Stand On My Own

"You shouldn't have tried to call your sister." My captor replied. "Here, I fix your wound and nurse you back to health and this is the thanks I get?" He added.

"Thanks? You want thanks? You kidnapped me. My sister is now in trouble and possibly a friend and you have me here?" I said pissed off and trying to hop down off the bed.

"Hey, take it easy there." He said as I wobbled and almost fell trying to stand up.

"Don't touch me, Micah." I said pulling away from him.

"You would have died if I left you there." Micah said defending himself.

"I would have been fine. I didn't see you jumping in and helping me fight off Gerard." I snapped.

"You would have bled to death. You already had lost alot of blood." Micah said.

"Look, why are you here? Let me go. I have to save my sister. I owe her so much." I said gaining my strength back.

"Who is Gerard?" Micah asked.

"None of your buisness." I said trying to snatch my phone away.

"Elissa, tell me. If Amanda is in trouble then I want to help." Micah said.

"Right. You are only here to play us. I see right through you. Why are you here all of a sudden? Wait, you are only here because you have no control over Amanda and you had a motive when you bit her and that was to find me all along." I said smacking him across the face.

"I may deserve that but I came back because I love you." Micah said. "I want to protect you from Ian as I have in the past. I was wrong back then. We both wanted each other. I was afraid to truly let you know how I feel. I know you wanted me and I know we could have had a strong passion between us." Micah replied.

"So you just go and use my sister to your advantage knowing that she would eventually fall for you and you would get what you want, a temporary substitute in the place of me. You train her and know that she will leave to find me. You just didn't know that you would lose your hold over her. Well guess what. She has moved on and is finally free of you!" I said making a run for the door.

"I don't think so." He said grabbing me and spinning me around. "We have great chemistry together. We are the polar opposites on things and I love that about you." He grinned.

"Let me go!" I said still not fully healed up yet.

"I will let you go after you feel my kiss." He said pulling me into one.

I thought I would have all those old feelings pop up again that I buried over Micah but it has been too long. My heart doesn't lie and it tells me that I belong with Pete who I am trying to build a relationship again with. Being with Micah is wrong and I want nothing to do with him, especially after how he treated my sister.

"Well?" He asked pulling away.

"I got nothing for you. I am with a man who loves me for me. I have a connection with him and I will not hurt him. My feelings for you are gone. If you come near me or my sister again, I will hurt you. Do I make myself clear?" I asked staring him down straight in the eyes.

"This isn't over." He said handing me my phone back and letting me leave.

"This is over. Now if you excuse me, I have a sister to track." I said making my way out of his apartment.