Dead in the Water

Meet Mikey Way, Vampire Snitch

(Amanda's POV)

Erelin drove us to where Mikey and Frank used to live. As far as I know Ray and Bob still live around this neighborhood too and I can't let Mikey get to them. Once Erelin parked the car, I hopped out.

"Brendon get on your cell and call Frank. I want him to warn his other friends before Mikey comes after them and they have no idea that Mikey is bad." I replied.

"Got it." He said whipping out his phone.

"Oh man." Erelin replied as I felt it too. There were ten vampires all coming for us. Mikey must have brought along some of Gerard's men and knew some us would come find him.

"It's an ambush!" I yelled to Brendon who hung up the phone quickly and turned around.

All three of us kept our backs to each other because we were now surrounded. Mikey finally jumped down from a building and laughed. A thought occured to me.

"We need Mikey alive. If we can kill the others, we can bring him to Pete's and make him talk where Gerard is hiding." I whispered.

"That's crazy!" Erelin said.

"It is our only chance of getting to Gerard before Ian gives him another safe house." I said.

"Well, well. I seem to have two slayers with me and a turn coat." Mikey laughed.

"Yeah, well, you used to be one of us. How could you wimp out on Nonnie like that and betray her? Erelin asked spitting on him as he walked in front of her.

"It was easy. Gerard was my brother. Once I saw he was alive and had me there was no other choice. I wanted to turn. Yeah, it sucks about Nonnie but family comes first." He laughed.

"So it was easy to betray one of your best friends, Frank?" I asked.

"Frank was stupid. Nonnie should have been with Gerard from the beginning but he always got in the way. Now, soon there won't be a problem when Gerard takes Frank out." Mikey said.

"Wanna bet? Nonnie may take him out first." I laughed knowing that she could. I know everything has to be confusing to Nonnie now but once things start to sink in all that fear she had of Gerard will vanish and the pain and rage she is feeling because of Gerard will come out when the time comes.

"Enough talking aready. I only need that slayer alive." He said pointing to me.

The vampires started to attack and Erelin, Brendon, and I started fighting back. When the numbers dwindled down, Brendon quickly turned and threw me a huge gun of sorts. Mikey took off on the run.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Go after Mikey. It's a stun, net gun to capture vampires and in this case Mikey." Brendon yelled.

"Remind me to thank Patrick's genious when I get back to Pete's." I thought out loud.

I chased and tracked Mikey. He tried to jump up on the roof of a building but I managed to find the right button off the gun and a stunner came out shocking the crap out of him, making him fall to the ground. The net flew out as well and wrapped around him.

I stood over to the ground as he lay there helpless. "You know if you don't tell me what I want to hear I can stun your ass again." I said placing the gun down onto his groin. "It might be rather painful." I said.

"No. I will tell you what you want!" He screamed as he couldn't move.

"Where is my sister?" I asked knowing that he had to know.

"I don't know." He said.

"Wrong answer." I said about to push the button.

"No, I swear! I don't know. She came to save me before I was turned and then I passed out. When I woke up I was in Gerard's place over there at the carnival and I had no idea where Elissa was. When I was turned, she wasn't there." He said.

"Get up!" I snapped helping him to get up.

"Oh my gosh, Patrick's invention worked!" Erelin said as I shoved a netted Mikey her way.

Brendon took Mikey's hands and tied them in front of him tightly where he couldn't get loose. He also did that to make sure we could see his hands in front of him rather than in the back if he did try to get loose once we put him back into the car. I climbed in the backseat.

Erelin and Brendon started talking as we drove a bit. Mikey whispered, "Ian has a plan for Elissa. After knowing about you, he likes you too." He said.

"Shut it." I said.

"What's a matter? Can't take the heat? You are a feisty one. Ian will certainly love that." Mikey said.

I reached over and punched Mikey out. Erelin stopped the car. "What just happened?" She asked pissed.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Why did you knock him out for?" Erelin asked.

"He's an ass. Anyways, I need some air." I said opening the door and getting out.

"Amanda, wait." Erelin said as I turned.

"It's ok. Let her go." Brendon said as I took off running.