Dead in the Water

So Little Time

The cab arrived at Pete's and everyone got out. I watched as Pete paid the cab driver and then turned around in enough time to see Amanda start to faint. "Pete!" I yelled as I ran over to where Amanda was to catch her.

About that time there was an ambush of Gerard's vampires. I couldn't let my sister go. Pete started yelling and backed himself up to the door and banged on it with one hand.

Nonnie and Frank came running from wherever they had been and started fighting. I saw Erelin and Brendon run out of building with Martin behind. When he saw Amanda he came over to help me lift her.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I...I don't know. One minute we were talking and got out of the cab, the next I turn to see her faint and then we were ambushed." I replied as everyone but Andy and Chrissy came flying out of the house and Martin helped me bring Amanda inside.

I felt that vampire feeling and turned to see a tied up Mikey, only he wasn't the same Mikey I remembered. This time he was a vampire and not on our side. He was grinning.

"My brother is here to get me." Mikey snickered.

"Yeah well he has to be invited in and well, I don't see that happening." I replied.

"But I am. See, that's the thing when you kidnap a vampire and then when that vampire escapes, he can bring in a whole army." Mikey laughed.

"Not on my watch!" I said knocking him out.

"He's right." Martin replied.

"We need to get out of here soon." Martin said trying to wake up Amanda.

"Is she breathing?" I asked as Amanda lied there so still.

"Yes. It's my fault." Martin said.

"How is it your fault?" I asked.

"I wasn't with her long enough today." He said leaving me to wonder what was going on between the two of them.

Mikey came to and somehow managed to break lose from his bonds. Andy tackled him but Mikey got the slip. I managed to get in a few blows but then Mikey yelled, "Gerard guess what? I invite you and your men in!" He said.

I felt something inside of me. I think it was both panic and fear. I knew that Martin and I along with Chrissy and Andy could fight off the vampires who came in but who would protect Amanda as she lied there on the couch unconcious? There were too many vampires.

Mikey and I were fighting each other when all of a sudden a stake went whizzing by me and into his chest. "No!" Mikey said as he turned to dust. I looked behind me to see Martin smiling.

"I couldn't stand his ass." He said as I laughed.

"Uh, don't be happy for too long." Andy said as more vampires started to pour into the house.

"Grab Amanda and head up to Pete's room. We will cover you!" Chrissy said as Martin scooped up Amanda and I followed him upstairs. Andy and Chrissy followed behind me.

"Quick barricade the door!" Andy said as he was the last in and fighting off the vampires trying to break in.

I pushed a dresser up against the door. "Out the window!" Chrissy said as Martin carefully placed Amanda out first and then went out.

We all climbed down the fire escape and took off away from the building. "Shouldn't we go back and help the others?" I asked afraid for Pete.

"You have a slayer down and there is a slayer already out there. Trust me, Pete would want Amanda safe." Andy said as we ran until we were in an area to catch a cab.

"Where to?" The driver said.

Martin spoke up and told the driver to take us all to his place. I turned around and watched as we were farther and farther from where I wanted to be. I love my sister but I know she is safe with Martin and Andy right now. I need to go back.

"Stop the cab!" I said as the cab driver stopped.

"Elissa, wait!" Martin yelled but I didn't care. I felt this horrible feeling and I knew I had to go back.