Dead in the Water

Let The Flames Begin

I took off running back towards where Pete and the gang live. My heart started to ache. Something was wrong.

"No!" I screamed as I saw the boys' place on fire.

"Elissa, we need to get out of here." Brendon said grabbing me.

"No!" Where is Pete?" I yelled.

"He was still inside. Gerard kidnapped Nonnie again. We were outnumbered and he tried to fight off Gerard we assume. We can't go in there, we will die." Brendon said.

I pushed him away and ran through the door with flames everywhere around me as I heard Erelin scream. I didn't care. I had to find Pete.

"Pete!" I yelled as the ceiling was coming down around me. I saw him at the bottom of the steps unconcious.

"Pete, come on!" I said trying to snap him awake. I noticed he had a stake through his left shoulder but from the position he had fallen, the stake was wedged in him and the end of it was wedged into the floor.

"There is no easy way of doing this." I said aloud noticing that I was going to have to pull Pete up so that the stake went completely through him because I couldn't get it out of the floor.

"The whole roof is going to cave in!" I heard Bev scream. I ducked as a fiery beam almost fell on me but landed close beside me.

"Need some help?" I heard a familiar voice say.

My mouth dropped as I saw Micah helping me. He was risking his life to help me save Pete. At this time I wasn't worried about if he had a plan cooking up.

"I need to pull him so that the stake goes completely through him." I said.

"Got it." He said holding Pete up steady as best as he could so that I could quickly pull his shoulder up.

"Pete, this is going to hurt like no other." I said knowing he couldn't here me.

I pulled him up and even though Pete remained out of it, he managed to flinch and holler. I went to help him stand up but Micah grabbed him and put him over his shoulder and then nodded for me. The doorway had now become blocked as there was fire all around us.

"Jump through the window. It's our only chance." Micah said.

I nodded and prayed that I could jump over the flames and out the window and sure enough both me, Pete and Micah made it outside.

"Our home!" I heard Chrissy say as I looked up to see Andy and Chrissy had made it back.

I don't know where Joe, Frank, Patrick, or his girlfriend were. I guess out looking for Gerard and Nonnie. I was just glad that I got Pete out.

"Elissa, do you know of anyone who can help Pete? He is going to die from blood loss if we don't get that wound fixed now." Micah said.

"I do." I said and I hoped that he would help.

"I'll drive." Erelin said nodding that she knew who it was I was going to ask for help.

"Gerard is going to pay if I lose Pete." I said.