Dead in the Water

Do You Trust Me?

(Amanda's POV)

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Ian asked baring his fangs and walking towards me.

He had me inching closer and closer to the edge of the ledge. I looked down behind me to not only see Martin of course hanging on by one hand but the ground below four stories down. I knew Martin could jump and land on his feet but me, well I would fall to my death.

"I won't work with you. I will never work with you. Besides you will still try to come after me any way that you can. As for Gerard, I have a feeling that your boy's time is up soon anyway after the damage he has done." I said pointing to where my friends used to live.

There were cops and fire trucks on the scene now with their sirens going off. The firemen were trying to put out the blaze of the building but to no avail. Everything was falling in.

"Foolish girl. You know I can take you away from all of this madness. I sense that there is something different about you." Ian said stepping closer.

"Do you trust me?" Martin asked hanging onto the roof.

"What?" I asked as my feet were now standing on the last part if the roof. If I moved any more I would fall to my death.

"Stay out of this boy." Ian snarled. "I will soon have your girlfriend and then I will have my girlfriend back. Elissa belongs to me. I will only find you and hunt you down if you try to escape me." Ian said.

"Amanda, I need you to jump." Martin said in my head.

"What?" I said in my thoughts.

"Do you trust me?" He asked again.

"Yes." I said looking down again.

"Come with me." Ian said extending his hand and trying that persuasion thing.

"If you don't jump, you know what he will do to you and your sister if he gets you." Martin said in my head.

"Sorry, Ian. Maybe another time we can finally have it out." I said jumping off the roof.

I didn't have time to scream or breathe. All I could do was close my eyes as I felt two arms grab me. I clung on in the few seconds it took to fall.

"You can open your eyes now." Martin said as he placed my feet back on the ground.

"Am I alive?" I asked as Martin chuckled a bit.

"Yes, you are alive but we need to get out of here in case Ian decides to follow us." Martin said grabbing my hand as we ran off away from the sirens of the night.

We ran until we made it to the diner. We went in and while Martin looked out the windows for any sign of Ian, I called everyone trying to find out where everyone was and if they were ok. Erelin was the only one who answered and filled me in. She said to hang tight that she was coming to get Martin and me.

"Amanda, I want you to run out the back of this place when I tell you." Martin said as I hung up my phone.

"Why?" I started to say but then, I knew why. I saw Ian was outside of the diner with six of his men. He could easily start to walk in here and cause a bloodbath over me.

"I am not leaving without you." I said.

"We can't let him come in here and hurt these diners. I can hold him off while you run." Martin replied.

"No. I am the slayer. You can't protect me forever. It is my job to protect the innocent, Martin. I am not leaving you and Erelin is on her way." I said.

"You aren't strong enough yet to defeat Ian." Martin said flashing his fangs at me.

"I know you did not just do that!" I yelled.

"Amanda, I don't have time to argue. I want you to head out the back through the kitchen now." Martin snapped.

"I said no. I love you and I am not leaving." I said heading to go out the front door to prevent Ian from coming in.

"Amanda, forgive me." Martin said grabbing me and kissing me. I heard a waitress yell for someone to call the cops because of Ian and his men lurking outside.

"For what?" I asked.

"Amanda, you will walk out that back door and not turn around. Now go!" Martin snapped at me.

I hated this. He was controlling me. There was nothing that I could do but give him a hurtful, concerned glance and then pull away. I ran through the kitchen hearing the cooks yell and then out the back door and into a backstreet.

I kept on running until I made it a few streets over. I started to hear police sirens and I knew something was wrong when Martin hadn't caught up to me. Was he stupid for trying to fight off Ian? I wanted to go back but couldn't.

All of a sudden, I felt this sharp, piercing pain in my right side. Then, I started to feel all kinds of aches and pains. Martin was being hurt and I could feel it.

"Martin. Martin answer me!" I screamed in my head but got nothing. I went into a rage and started throwing anything I could. I even dented someone's car.

Then, I heard a voice behind me and turned around. "Hey, girlie, what are you doing on the wrong side of L.A.? Are you lost?" The man asked with three of his buddies grinning and laughing.