Dead in the Water

The Waiting Game

Erelin drove us to the hospital and I immediately called the one person I knew who could help as she drove. It was none other then Sisky and he owed me. I just hoped that he would do this. I know Pete wouldn't like it that Sisky helped but then again he really didn't have a choice in the matter.

Once we arrived, Sisky was waiting in the ER with a gurney. Micah placed Pete down on it. Sisky started barking orders out at all of the staff.

"I can't keep persuading them for long. I need help. There are too many witnesses to this." Sisky said.

"I can help." Micah said stepping up to the plate.

"I could try but that isn't my strongest point." I said almost in tears.

"Elissa, Pete is going to be ok. He won't die while I am here. I already have the blood that he needs. The doctors are going to fix his wound and give him a transfusion like they would a human. With your friend's help here the doctors won't remember anything and they won't ask questions. Pete will be fixed and sent home." Sisky explained.

The staff started to wheel Pete to an operating room. "Wait!" I yelled. They stopped.

"Don't leave me, you hear. I need you. I need us. I love you." I whispered in his ear. "I am right here." I said as they wheeled him away from me. Sisky held me back from following.

"Will Pete be knocked out?" I asked.

"He will be given some anesthetic but seeing how he has lost so much blood, he probably will be out of it most of the time. Now if you excuse me, I have to go and check on the doctors." Sisky said taking off.

"Elissa, everything will work out. Pete won't leave us." Erelin said hugging me.

"I can't believe this is happening." I said. "Just wait until I get my hands on Gerard." I added.

"How is Amanda doing?" Brendon asked.

"I almost forgot about her. I am such a bad sister." I said breaking down.

"Elissa, you are not. You were worried about Pete. You are not a bad person." Micah said trying to make me feel better. I gave a slight smile.

"Elissa, I have to go. Amanda and Martin apparently had a run in with Ian." Erelin said making me shiver at the sound of Ian's name.

"Is she ok? Why was she up against Ian?" I asked worried.

"Apparently Amanda woke up and wanted to go back to Pete's to see what was going on and found Ian. I got to go." She said taking Brendon with her.

"I should have killed him those few years ago. I was too weak then." I said gripping the chair I was sitting in.

"You are not weak." Micah replied. I had forgotten he was still here.

"I am weak. If I killed him and refused to run, Amanda would be ok and Pete would be ok, and Martin as much as I don't like him, would never have been bitten by Ian." I sighed.

"Maybe then too, Nonnie wouldn't be a vampire because Gerard wouldn't have been his right hand man." I said breaking the chair because I grabbed onto the arm rest too tightly.

"Elissa," Micah said touching my shoulder, "You are going to be alright. You have a huge heart. Sometimes I think you don't follow it as you should but it is there. I am wrong to step in the way of your happiness. I really hope that Pete pulls through. It takes guts to do what you did to save him. You risked your own life knowing that you could die in that fire." Micah said.

"I love him. I would do anything for him." I replied. "What about you? You risked yours to help me." I said.

"I would do anything for my friend." Micah smiled.

"I hate waiting. I wish I knew how Pete was already." I said changing the subject.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Nonnie who asked for an update to this. :)