Dead in the Water

Twins?

“Sister?” Pete and Joe replied looking at me confused.

“This is my twin sister, Amanda.” I said shocked as she approached me.

“That explains it.” Joe said.

“The only difference is that she has blue eyes where I have green eyes. Why are you here?” I asked confused.

“I think the question is why you are here? Did you not care about your family? Mom is such a different person now since you have been gone. I knew better. We are twins. We have that bond. I would have felt it if you were dead. You should have come to me with your problem sis. I know what you are and I know what he is.” Amanda said pointing over to Pete.

“How do you know that?” I asked feeling awkward as Pete and Joe continued to stare at me.

“I know because I am a vampire slayer. I became one when the slayer before me died and there is more than one slayer in the world. I did some research and it runs in our family as it does a few others. I am the oldest out of us two, you know.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Only by two minutes.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Anyway, Micah found me and filled me in on what I was going through. I had nightmares and visions I didn’t understand. I suddenly had this super strength and ability to heal fast. Micah had been watching me after you left our town. He helped me understand what I was now. He told me about you being alive. I had dreamed of you and I had nightmares about Ian, your ex. You should not have run. With Micah’s help and mine, we could have helped you.” She said.

“You don’t know what you are dealing with. Vampires are not something you should mess around with.” I said not liking that she was a vampire slayer. That explains why Amanda felt different to me when the boys brought Amanda out of the club.

“Look, we can argue later.” Amanda said. “We have lots to discuss.” She said.

“Well, since you are here, meet my new friend Joe and Pete who is…” I said not quite sure yet.

“One of her other good friends.” Pete chimed in finishing my sentence for me.

“He’s cute you know.” Amanda tried to say quietly but failed.

“Yeah, I am standing right here but thanks.” Pete said blushing. I gave him a stern look. My sister was not going to steal my date from me.

“I came here to L.A. to find you and I brought Erelin along with me who we left in the club. We have to find her. I was keeping tabs on her until our friends dragged me out of the club and there were some nasty vampires in there.” Amanda said.

“Sorry.” Joe and Pete said at the same time apologizing.

“Wait, you brought Erelin? Does she know about…?” I stopped.

“Yes, I had to tell her. She is a slayer in waiting. Micah pegged her.” She said.

“Of course he would.” I said rolling my eyes with Pete looking at me funny.

We heard a loud scream that came from an alley beside the club. The scream belonged to Erelin. I immediately took off in the direction I heard her scream with everyone else behind me.