Dead in the Water

Hushed Secrets

(Amanda's POV)

I walked down to Pete's room that was not far from Martin's. I felt another vampire in his room. Elissa was in my room and Sisky was working so that left Nonnie. She made it.

As I went to open his door, I heard them talking. I thought I heard my name mentioned but I couldn't be sure. When I walked in, I saw Nonnie was sitting on the end of Pete's bed and they obviously quit talking when they saw me.

"Wow, do I know how to silence a room or what?" I said walking over to Pete.

"I'm just leaving." Nonnie said getting off the bed.

"Please don't leave because I walked in." I said. I had some things I wanted to say to Nonnie. I wanted to thank her for one for helping to get me out of danger when I collapsed and talk to her. We really hadn't been able to talk to each other much since she was turned into a vampire.

"I need to find Frank anyway." Nonnie replied as she hugged Pete. I watched them exchange looks to each other and then she left the room.

"So, what brings you to my room?" Pete grinned smiling boyishly.

"What was that all about?" I asked when I hugged Pete.

"What, no hi, how are you? Or how are you feeling Pete? Much better, thank you." Pete said which made me laugh.

"Sorry." I said sitting on the bed. "Things just have been crazy." I replied.

"You want to tell me about them?" Pete asked concerned.

"I am sure Elissa told you about Martin and what I did." I sighed.

"Yes, she did." Pete said.

"You aren't going to scold me?" I asked.

"What is there to scold? You thought you had to do what you had to do. Amanda, I am not Elissa. I don't always think like her remember. Maybe that is why I am so darned crazy about her." Pete said scratching his head.

"Thank you for helping Martin to get me out of your place." I said looking down.

"Yeah, what was up with you collapsing and being unconcious about?" Pete asked concerned.

"I don't know. I hadn't eaten well enough I guess, and it took its toll at the wrong time." I said lying a bit.

"You know you can always talk to me right about anything that is bothering you?" Pete asked concerned.

"You can stop with trying to persuade me to talk to you, Pete. It isn't working." I laughed.

"Ok, seriously you do know you can talk to me, right?" He said again.

"Yes but nothing is wrong. I will tell you this though. I think I am losing or may lose Martin." I said.

"What would make you think that? He is crazy about you." Pete said.

"I know. It is just a feeling I have. Crazy, huh?" I said looking down.

"Martin would never leave you for someone else. You know that right? You two were meant to be from the moment you guys first met." Pete said trying to cheer me up.

"You know what, you are right." I smiled. "Thank you, Pete." I said grabbing him and hugging him.

"You are welcome. Now can you let go. I am still healing." He winced.

"Oh, sorry!" I said letting go.

"It's ok." He smiled. "Will you do me one favor?" Pete asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

"Go tell my woman that I am ready to go home where ever that is now." Pete said with me laughing.