Dead in the Water

Lies For Liars

(Nonnie's POV)

“Frank I thought you asked her if it was okay to tell me?” I said frustrated with him. We were driving to meet Amanda and Martin at the Movie Theater. Since I got back from Jersey I’ve been a little over protective of her. I’m sure I’m getting on her last nerve, but I can’t help it. I’m really tired of funerals.

The one I just went to was by far the hardest yet. Mikey’s parents were so torn up. They made me stay with them since after I moved to LA my parents moved to Florida. I tried to tell them I’d stay in a hotel, but they wouldn’t have it. So I stayed in Gerard’s room the man that I myself had killed. I wanted so badly to run as far as I could away from them. I mean I’d killed their son and all they had ever been to me was a second set of parents.

They hadn’t changed anything since he had moved out. That meant pictures of us were all over the place. Me and Gerard, me and Mikey all three of us I snooped a little and found his stash of drawings. A lot of them were of me I could tell he felt deeply for me, but that he was fighting it cause Frank and I were together. If William hadn’t already been dead I would have killed him again. The whole time I kept wishing that Frank was there with me, but all our families back home thought he was dead too. It would have messed everything up if he had showed.

I’d been holding back from telling Amanda that I knew about her secret for some time now. It was getting to be harder. I mean she’s been doing fine if I hadn’t heard it from her own lips I wouldn’t even think anything was wrong. I also felt bad cause I didn’t tell Pete about it and he was the only one other than me who thought something was wrong.

“Nonnie I told you she thinks that I asked and found a way not to tell you,” he said. “And its bad enough she hates me so please just leave it alone and stop making me call her all the time. She’s going to think something is up,” we pulled up to the Movie Theater.

“Frank I’m telling her tonight so that we can find a way to fix this.”

“No, Nonnie. Just let it go, she’ll tell everyone when she’s ready to,” he grabbed my hand as we started to get out of the car. “Please.”

“I’ll think about it,” I said getting the rest of the way out of the car. I walked up to the line and saw Martin and Amanda. I walked up to them both giving them hugs. “Sorry it took so long. You haven’t been waiting long have you? Maybe you guys should skip ahead in and wait in the lobby while Frank and I get the tickets. Don’t wanna be on your feet too long…cause…uh…we are going to go slaying after the movie and you’ll need the extra energy,” I hate when I put my foot in my mouth. Amanda just stood there looking at me like I’d grown an extra head.

“No we haven’t been waiting long. We are fine waiting in line and while she is human she’s also the slayer so she won’t be short on energy at all,” Martin said. I just gave an embarrassed smile.

“Amanda…” I was cut off as Frank spun me around and crashed his lips to mine.

“Guys if you just wanted to make out the whole time you should have stayed home,” Amanda huffed. I could tell she really was getting sick of me, but I kinda felt like I needed to be around her to make sure that she didn’t just drop dead at any random moment. I pulled away from Frank.

“Please don’t,” he said so low there was no way anyone else could hear it.

“I have to,” I replied when I turned around we were at the front of the line and Amanda and Martin had bought their tickets and were headed into the movie which had already started playing the previews. Frank quickly bought our tickets and we quickly followed them. Frank sat between Amanda and I and I gave him an evil look. He ignored me and watched the previews. “Amanda,” I whispered loudly.

“SHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!,” Frank said. I hit him in the shoulder.

“Amanda I have to tell you something,”

“Nonnie really stop we are trying to watch the movie,” Martin said.

“Who knows whose not getting any, any time soon?” I raised my hand and the person behind me sighed loudly. I shot them an evil look and a growl rumbled from my throat.

“Nonnie you can’t go growling at people in public,” Frank said in my ear. I sat through the whole movie fuming. I was going to kick the hell out of Frank’s ass when we got home. Finally the movie ended but I hadn’t paid much attention to it, so I didn’t even know what we had watched.

“Wow that was a great movie, I think I’ll buy it,” Amanda said as we walked toward the part of town that used to be flooded with vampires, but now only had a few that still hung around.

“Amanda I really…”

“Think that that movie was decent but you should probably save your money,” Frank finished for me. I finally let my frustration take over. I punched him in the face and then swept his feet from under him. I knew I wasn’t really doing that much damage and he would heal, but he was really starting to piss me off. I heard Amanda laughing as I straddled him.

“Frank Anthony Iero, if you don’t stop interrupting me I’m going to cut off you balls,” his eyes got big.

“You enjoy them more than I do,” he said with a cocky smile. Then he moved his arms so that they were behind his head like he had just lay down for a nap. I rolled my eyes.

“Thank you Nonnie,” Amanda said. “I’ve been wanting to do that all night.”

“What straddle me?” Frank asked. “And here I thought you didn’t even like me. Now to learn you want in my pants. I’m flattered, but I’m taken.”

“Nonnie hit him again please,” Amanda begged. I stood up and rolled my eyes, only to be tackled from the side.

“Shit!” Martin said. I could hear them all fighting as I crashed into the wall. I looked at the person who had tackled me. He wasn’t that big a guy, but I could tell he was a vampire because of his strength. I clamped both my hands together and bought them down on his back as hard as I could causing him to release me and fall face first to the ground. I looked around Martin, Amanda, and Frank were all fighting too. I put my foot on the vampires back to keep him in place and quickly staked him in the back right through the heart. I looked over at Amanda and quickly ran over taking over the fight she had been in. she looked at me like I was crazy, but I made quick work of the vampire.

“Nonnie what the hell are you doing?” Amanda asked. I could hear the anger in her voice.

“Killing vampires,” I said innocently.

“I could have handled him,” she said walking up to me.

“I had some steam to blow off,” I said not backing down.

“Okay what the hell is really going on?” she asked. I looked over at Frank and Martin. They had both killed their attackers and were now waiting to see if there would be a catfight between her and I. “Frank! You told her didn’t you?”

“No I didn’t,” he wasn’t exactly lying cause he hadn’t told me. I’d over heard it.

“You liar,” Amanda said lunging at him. Martin grabbed her.

“He didn’t tell me, I over heard him when he was asking about telling me,” I said.

“Why did you lie and say that you hadn’t told Frank?”

“I didn’t lie, I didn’t tell her,” he said a little smirk coming to his face.

“You better be happy that Martin is holding me back or I would beat you so bad right now.”

“Amanda what can we do?” I asked. She stopped fighting Martin.

“Nonnie there’s nothing to be done. I’ve been doing fine since we got out of the hospital.”

“Then why the hell didn’t you tell everyone what’s going on?” I asked getting mad.

“I didn’t want people to do what you are doing right now. What you’ve been doing for a while now. It’s driving me insane.”

“I’m sorry that I care,” I said. “I’m just tired of saying goodbye to my friends. I…I’m tired of going to funerals. I’ve been to far too many.” I didn’t wait around to talk to them instead I just ran all the way back to Frank’s car. I knew he would follow.

“Nonnie are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m fine, can we go home now?” I expected him to go around the car and open the door so we could get in instead he walked up to where I was leaning on the car and pulled me into his arms.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t come to jersey with you,” I buried my face into his neck.

“They were so sad and I killed one of their sons. I took Gerard’s life twice. I mean he only went out that night for me…”

“How many times have I told you that it wasn’t your fault? Gerard could have told you no, besides we don’t even know that that’s the only reason he went out. I mean he could have just been trying to ditch you,” I smiled up at him.

“Gerard wouldn’t have ever ditched me,” he kissed my forehead.

“I know, just hold on to the good memories and let go of everything that happened after that,” he hit the button on his keys to open the doors and opened my door for me. I slid in and he got into the driver’s seat. “Let’s go home so I can turn that frown upside down.”

“You are such a cornball.”