Dead in the Water

It's A Twin Thing

(Amanda's POV)

"Elissa talk to me." I said.

"Sorry. You know this means nothing. He is just playing mind games with you." Elissa said trying to be calm but I could tell that the note was bothering her.

"Instead of taking me somewhere and me having to cover up with this blanket, lets just go to the lounge over here and talk." She said as we got off the elevator.

"You really think he won't try anything?" I asked as I sat down in a chair.

"Well, you are my sister and I want you to be careful. I don't want you out by yourself at night to be on the safe side. He could try something but Ian's style is to make you go crazy over worrying. I am not saying not to worry about it but I am also saying to be on guard too." Elissa said pondering.

"What exactly happened with this car? I had dreams of it before I became a slayer. I sensed that you weren't dead but in trouble. Call it the twin thing." I explained.

"You saw the car and me in your dreams?" Elissa asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Well, Ian was supposed to meet me for dinner the night I was turned. He didn't show so I was about to leave the restaurant. I walked outside and he was there in this nice fancy convertible. He was ranting that we would be together forever and this was my car and then when I tried to escape from him because I thought he was crazy, he attacked me and turned me. I wasn't strong enough then, but I will tell you, Amanda, I am stronger now and I will not let him destroy your happiness because of me." Elissa explained.

"So that explains why he is so hung up over that car. He turned you in it and was going to give it to you as a gift." I said.

"I want you to run far away from him if you see him." Elissa warned me.

"Don't worry about that." I said.

Elissa and I spent another hour talking about Ian and things in general. We talked about how far we have come in our lives and how I have forgiven her and Sisky. I was glad I came here to talk about what is bothering me.

"Are you going back home to Martin?" She asked.

"I am but I need to make a stop at Nonnie's. I kind of blew up at her over something last night before the whole Ian drama ocurred and I want to apologize to her." I said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Elissa asked.

"No. I'm ok. I need to talk to her about it." I said.

"Well, please talk to me more and stay clear of Ian. Also, during the next two weeks stay with Martin. He loves you. I think he is good for you." Elissa said.

"You know, I think I am glad I finally moved in with him. Why didn't I do it sooner?" I laughed.

"I don't know. You both seemed joined at the hip. And I see the way he looks at you." She replied.

"I love him. I don't know what I would do without him." I said getting up from the table.

"Well, hold on to him." Elissa said as she hugged goodbye. Now I am off to see Nonnie.