Dead in the Water

The Great Escape

(Amanda's POV)

I looked at the clock one last time. It said it was one thirty now. I closed my eyes, bound and determined to get some sleep. This time after fighting sleep for so long, sleep finally won bringing me into a peaceful, dreamlike, state.

"I packed all your favorite foods." Martin said as I cautiously approached him. The sun was about to set in a few hours and I was on the beach with Martin sitting on a blanket. He had packed a picnic lunch for us both.

"Am I late?" I asked.

"No, just in time." He said patting the blanket for me to sit on.

"Martin, I'm sorry..." I said.

"Shh. If anyone needs to apologize its me." Martin said opening up a bottle of wine.

"White Zinfadel. How did you know?" I smiled.

"It's only your favorite type of wine in the whole world." He grinned.

We ate and talked. We laughed and kissed. He even fed me some chocolate covered strawberries.

"You have um, a little something there." I said pointing to his chin.

"Where? Did I get it?" He asked wiping his chin off.

"No. You missed it." I said leaning over and acting like I was going to kiss him. Instead I knocked him back into the sand. I started laughing.

"Oh, you think that is funny?" He asked pulling me down onto the sand and laughing.

"Martin!" I said getting up and dusting myself off.

Martin had took off running towards the ocean, throwing his black jacket where I was standing. He had on a white tshirt and black girls jeans. It made him look so sexy. He also was signaling for me to come and get him if I could.

I took off after him running ankle deep in the water. He started splashing me and I splashed back. I had chased him up the beach a ways and then tired out. He came running back after me and almost tackled me as I made it to the blanket.

"Tag, you're it!" He whispered in my ear.

"I better be it, Mr. Johnson." I replied all seductively.

"What happens if you aren't?" He grinned.

"Well, then I guess you wouldn't deserve this." I said pulling him on top of me as I lied back with the steamiest kiss I could pull off.

We started making out. He started to kiss that spot on my neck that I love and shivers went down my spine. I wanted his touch. I needed his touch.

"You're shivering. Here take my jacket and put it on." He said shaking it so all the sand would come off it.

"Look, the sun is starting to set." I said watching the sun set over the ocean. It was beautiful with the clouds turning a pinkish purple and the big orange sun shrinking and shrinking bringing nightfall and the moon.

Martin pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his jacket around us as he held me. I felt safe. This is where I wanted to stay. My heart belonged here.

"I will always be here." Martin said pointing to my heart as he whispered in my ear.

"Sunsets are always beautiful." I replied as the sun was up no more.

"I guess we better pack up our stuff." Martin said reaching for the basket of food.

I looked up in the night sky to observe all the stars that were out when I felt a drop of water on my nose. Then it started to pour. I hadn't been caught out in the rain in a long time.

"Come on!" Martin said grabbing my hand.

"What? You are just going to leave the stuff behind?" I asked as Martin threw his jacket at me to put over my head.

"Exactly. Follow me. I know a place we can get out of the rain." He smiled.