Dead in the Water

Dibs

(Amanda's POV)

I heard a slamming of a door which meant that my sister has gone to be angry. Why would her and Pete be fighting over me? I decided to get up and find out.

I walked into the kitchen to find Pete pouring three blood packets into a glass. Something was up because I have never seen Pete drink that much blood before. Obviously he is upset about something.

"Pete?" I asked.

"Hey, shouldn't you be sleeping?" Pete asked.

"Can't sleep. I heard you and Elissa fighting. You want to tell me what is going on and why you are fighting over me?" I asked.

"You heard, huh?' He said sipping from his glass.

"I didn't hear why but I heard enough." I shrugged as I pulled up a barstool and sat down.

"She came in late. It just bothered me because usually Elissa calls and after what happened months ago with Sisky..." Pete didn't get to finish.

"Hey. You know Elissa was out with Brendon and Erelin. Elissa would never be out with another guy, Pete. I can't believe you would think that after everything you two have done to rebuild trust and love between each other." I sighed.

"Sorry."

"It's ok. So how does this relate to me?" I asked.

"Oh, I also asked her why she kept your situation from me." He nervously said, although from his voice, I could have sworn he was keeping something from me.

"I think I am going to go out." I said getting up.

"Now? It is just a little after four.

"Yeah, but I can change quickly. I just need some fresh air. Dreams are funny things." I said leaving him alone to drink his blood.

I changed my clothes and heard a knock on my door. "Need some company? I don't like you being out by yourself with Ian around giving you cryptic messages." Pete said through the door.

"Pete, I will be fine." I said.

"I am coming with." He said as I opened the door and he almost fell in from where he had been leaning against it.

"But sunrise is maybe in an hr an a half." I tried to reason.

"All the more reason you won't be out too long clearing your head." He grinned as I playfully pushed him out of my way.

"Fine. Dibs on the best weapons you have left here." I said heading to the weapon chest that Patrick had fixed up after we lost everything at Pete's from the fire.