Dead in the Water

I'm About To Break

(Martin's POV)

I woke up and sat up in bed. I looked at the clock on the nightstand to see that it was four am. That was some dream. It felt real and I knew Amanda had experienced it too. Something had broken the connection between me and Amanda.

Somehow on an unconcious level our minds were speaking to each other. I wanted to tell her to hold onto that dream. Something in me tells me that I may not be around much longer.

I sighed and got up out of bed. I made it into the kitchen. I was hungry so I made me a glass of blood out of one of the packets in the fridge. It has almost been a day now that I haven't bitten Amanda. Everytime the cycle is broken, she weakens back to that dying state. I hope today she comes to me so we can talk. I have to tell her.

She called me a few hours ago and hung up. I can't imagine why she is upset with me unless she found out I have been biting her. I just want to make sure she is ok.

I moved into the living room and plopped down on the couch, trying to take my mind off Amanda for a few. I mean she went over to Elissa's so I know she has to be safe. I turned on the television and finally drifted back to sleep. Something stirred me. Something terrible.

I felt like I had been beaten. Amanda was being hurt but how? I looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost sunrise. Why was she out? Then I heard her call my name faintly in my thoughts before there was nothing but silence.

"No!" I said slamming my fist down on the table. A note fell off. I picked it up. Amanda must have sat it down when she greeted Paul.

I opened the note and read it. It said, "Two Weeks, Love Ian." That was why she went to bed a little upset the other night.

"Ian's got her! He has to have her." I said aloud.

I sat back against the couch and concentrated. I could locate where Amanda was. I knew I couldn't get to her until tonight but at least I would be ready. Waiting was what was going to kill me because anything could happen. What if? No, don't think like that.

I called Paul first who was on his way over here. I was becoming a mess. I felt helpless because Ian had the upperhand. He had Amanda in his hiding place while I can't come out in the daylight to save her. My heart was breaking. This wasn't supposed to happen.

Next, I called Elissa who was frantic informing me that Pete must have went out with Amanda and never came back. Which means Ian has him too. It was not looking good. I needed a plan. Elissa was going to call everyone else except Nonnie. That was my job and why I didn't know.

Paul arrived and we thought of a plan. If everyone could gather together at the entertainment district at eight, Ian's hiding place wasn't far. It was in some old abandoned buildings nearby.

I picked up the phone and dialed Nonnie's number. "Hello?" She replied worried as if she already knew what happened.

"Nonnie, its Martin." I said. "Sorry to wake you..." I trailed.

"You have some serious explaining to do mister!" She yelled at me on the phone.

"What?" I asked knowing now was not a time for an arguement.

"What the hell are you doing biting my friend?" She said throwing me off guard.