Dead in the Water

Stop Flirting And Pay Attention

(Nonnie's POV)

"Nonnie, its Martin." I heard as I answered the phone. "Sorry to wake you..." It took a moment for it to sink in who I was talking to.

“Who is it Non?” Frank asked. I ignored him.

"You have some serious explaining to do mister!" I yelled at him. I was going to dig into him for Amanda. I mean I know I said I wouldn‘t say anything, but this was the only way we were going to get anywhere with this.

"What?" He asked acting all innocent.

"What the hell are you doing biting my friend?" I said I could tell I had caught him off guard.

“What…how…does Amanda know?” he asked.

“I saw bite marks and asked her about them. Didn’t she talk to you yet?”

“She’s in trouble,” he said not exactly answering my question.

“What? How?”

“I think Ian has her,” I dropped the phone.

“Hello,” Frank said snatching up the phone. I couldn’t think. There was no telling what Ian was going to do to Amanda. “Yeah we’ll get everyone to meet at your…fine here at sundown.” Frank said then he hung up the phone.

“Frank we gotta get out and start looking now,” I said.

“Baby I know you’re worried, but if we were to go out there we wouldn’t make it more then ten steps. All we can do right now is get some rest. As soon as the sun goes down everyone will meet here. Then Martin should be able to track her.”

“Frank I’m really worried. The last time one of them got a hold of one of us it didn’t end well for me,” he wrapped his arms around me.

“Look just try and get some rest. There’s nothing we can do until night fall,” he looked at me.

“Patrick, Bob, Ray, Joe, Andy, and everyone who can go out during the day can start looking now…”

“They wouldn’t find anything. They need Martin to track her.”

“Frank I can’t just sit here and…” he cut off my words with a kiss.

“Go to sleep,” for once I did as I was told. I closed my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep. It felt like moment’s later that I heard all my friends voices outside our house. Frank wasn’t in bed next to me so I knew he had gone to open the door. I got up and quickly got dressed. Then headed down stares and came face to face with a very worried Elissa. Turns out that Amanda wasn’t the only one missing. Pete hadn’t been heard from since they fought earlier last night.

“Okay so what do we have to go on?” Patrick said. Before he could say anything I tackled Martin to the ground.

“I swear to god if anything happens to her I’ll kill you. I don’t know what you’re playing at, but you had better fix this,” Frank pulled me off of Martin and Elissa helped him up.

“Nonnie it’s not what you think. I…I’ve been keeping her alive. When I bite her I give her my strength. I didn’t tell her because…In order for her to keep the power permanently I would have to die. We have to hurry, because she’s not strong enough to take him. She’s been away from me for too long.”

“Why didn’t you tell…”

“Would you let Frank give his life for you? Even if it meant your life to save him? Would you let him do it?” he had me and he knew it. I just rolled my eyes and pulled him to the door.

“Let’s just find her before we are too late,” I said sadly. I knew that after tonight I would either lose Amanda or she would loose Martin. We all piled into our cars and followed Martin until he stopped at what I can only describe as a random warehouse. Everyone got out and we were immediately attacked. We all started fighting off the random vampires. Martin made it to the door and pulled it off the hinges. I smiled. “Someone’s in a hurry,” he just winked at me. I smiled bigger and swept the feet from under the vampire I was fighting. He fell and I quickly put a stake through his heart turning him into nothing but a pile of dust. Just then someone pushed me down face first onto the ground. I lay flat and clinched my eyes closed expecting a stake to go through my back ending my undead life. Instead the weight was gone a second later and someone was helping me up.

“Stop flirting with Martin and pay attention,” Frank said with a smile. I rolled my eyes. “Seriously Non, be careful,” I nodded and we both headed into the building where we found more men to fight. Pete was sitting tied to a chair. They had beaten him terribly and suddenly I was mad. I mean even madder then when Frank was controlling me with his powers. I let the anger course through my body and I could tell that I wasn’t the only one who was pissed. Elissa was fighting like I’d never seen her fight before. She made it to Pete and started to untie him I heard the arrow flying through the air and put my hand out to catch it before it hit her in the back. I screamed out in pain as it stabbed right through my hand. Frank was instantly by my side and Joe shot an arrow killing the vampire who had fired before him.

“Non are you okay?” Frank asked lowering us both to our knees. I ground out a smile and looked into his eyes as I reached down to the arrow. I broke off the feathered end and pulled it the rest of the way through my hand.

“It’ll heal,” I said. He pulled me into his arms. “Amanda we have to find her.”

“We searched the whole place she’s not here,” Patrick said.

“Then where the hell is she?” Elissa said in frustration.

“We’ll find her,” I said more to reassure myself than anyone else. Frank helped me up and out to the car. Patrick came over.

“I figured we may need these,” he handed me a packet of blood. “I’ll give the rest to Pete.”

“Drink,” Frank said opening the packet and putting it to my lips as though I couldn’t have done it myself. “We will find her Non.”

“I know I just hope we do it in time.”

"I can't feel her anymore." Martin said clutching his chest as if his heart had been ripped out.

"What do you mean you can't feel my sister anymore?" Elissa responded and with that I looked to see hurt and worry in Martin's eyes.

"I have no hold over Amanda anymore. Ian does." Martin barely got out.

This isn't good. This is not good at all. I seriously wanted to hug Martin at this time but I knew we had to start searching again but how?
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was written by Nonnie aka mrsmiloventimiglia22. She is now an ex mibbian and was my co writer for this story. Some of you guys have probably read her stories. If you miss them or want to catch up on her new stories she has started a site called fanficpassion and I have posted some stories on there as well. But don't worry, I will still be posting this story and finishing it up here soon.