Dead in the Water

Haven't Even Made It To The Honeymoon Yet

(Amanda's POV)

I woke up in some warehouse looking building. I was tied down to a chair. Everything was foggy and I tried to break through my ropes but it was no use. It was if my slayer powers decided now to not work again after all this time.

"Pete?" I whispered unsure if I was alone of Ian was in the room watching me.

"Pete?" I asked again looking around the room once my eyes adjusted.

Pete was tied down to a chair on my right as I turned my head. I knew Martin would come find me and sense I was in danger so there was no need for me to call to him again. He had to have heard me earlier before I blacked out from the drug Ian used to knock me out.

"Blood." Pete mumbled half out of it. He was beaten pretty bad. I knew he needed blood fast or he might not make it through the day or at least I thought it was daytime.

I tried once again to undo the ropes and snap free but it was a struggle. I started to hear footsteps and stopped what I was doing. I heard a door creak open and manged to feel several vampires come in behind me. Now my powers decided to work but only to sense things.

"Ah, my darling is awake I see." Ian said coming up behind me and touching my hair. "Did anyone tell you that you smell divine? I wonder what you taste like too?" He said in my ear with a snarl which meant his fangs were out in full force.

"Martin will find me!" I snapped.

"Don't ever speak his name again!" Ian replied smacking me hard across my face and busting my lip. "Get this through your head, girly. You belong to me now and you will be my wife tonight."

"He knows where I am. Once night hits, he will be here." I laughed.

"I'm counting on it. You see, my men will be here waiting. You and me will make a getaway and your sister can have this thing back." Ian snarled pulling Pete's head back.

"Leave him alone!" I screamed.

"And what happens if I don't? You going to stop me?" Ian laughed. "I didn't think so seeing as how I made sure to tie you up extra tight. Can't have you getting away from me dear."

"Oh, I will get out of here. You just wait and see."

"We shall see." He grinned. "Guard, I think my bride to be needs another shot." He laughed.

"No!" I said trying to break loose from my bonds again but once again I was restrained and knocked out.

I woke up several long hours later to the sound of Ian's voice. I felt weaker then before. What was wrong with me? Surely this won't be how I meet my fate.

Ian untied me and I was still groggily. He picked me up and tossed me over his shoulders. I was starting to get feeling back. My heart was racing. Martin and the others were here.

"What shall we do with him, boss?" One vampire asked.

"Wait for her friends and kill him when Elissa steps in to save him. Use the bow and arrow we brought in from my bride here." Ian replied.

Now was my chance. I had to fight whether my body wanted to or not. I ended up flipping myself over Ian's shoulders taking him by surprise.

"RUN!" I heard Pete yell. "Don't worry about me." He added.

My body started to ache but I took off running down a hallway. Ian was hot on my trails. I made it to a stairwell that led under the warehouse. It was dark because the lights were out.

I felt a hand grab my hair and pull me back. "Now just where do you think you are going?" Ian snarled sending me flying into a pole. That hurt but I couldn't let Ian see I was weaker.

I somehow managed to see him in the dark and tried to fight Ian off the best I could. It seemed that my blows barely touched him. I was also feeling weak in the knees but I couldn't stop fighting Ian until I could get the upper hand.

"Is this all you got? The mighty Amanda tiring out on me? Gee, and we haven't even gotten to the honeymoon yet?" Ian laughed as I lunged at him.

I took some pretty hard blows and knew that I had to do anything I could to get away. Ian came lunging at me and I grabbed him but as I did I took a tumble down the flight of stairs. When I landed Ian was at the bottom of the stairs. I was a few steps up from him. I grabbed my ribs on my left side. I was gasping for air. When I fell I had not only bruised up my body but knocked the air out of me for a bit.

I looked over at Ian and slowly got up, wincing in pain. I hobbled over to him. I think I had sprained my ankle from the fall and I knew I was cut, bleeding and bruised all over my body. I made it to Ian who was laying on the ground. I tried to sneak past him but woke up and grabbed my bad ankle sending me flying down to the ground.

I tried to fight him off but it was no use. I was just too weak to move. He overpowered me and pinned my arms up over my head as he straddled me.

"You are becoming a thorn in my side. You aren't as tough as you thought you were against me, love. Time to start this!" He snapped as I tried to move.

"No!" I screamed, trying to get away. Ian leaned down as I struggled and tore his teeth into the flesh of my neck. One tear ran down the side of my face as I felt my life being sucked away as he teeth tore deeper into my neck. I'm sorry Martin, so sorry for not talking to you first, I thought through the pain. Then everything went black again.