Dead in the Water

Family Bonding Time

We decided to head to my sister’s place that she and Erelin were staying at so that Erelin could change after her ordeal. It felt somewhat awkward with Joe and Pete tagging along knowing that I have a twin and hearing us argue about personal issues. I think Pete was intrigued however and felt that this was his way of finding out more about me.

“Well, this is our apartment.” Amanda said unlocking the door and walking in with Erelin and Joe.

“Uh, Amanda, you have to invite me and Pete in; we are not allowed to come into people’s homes uninvited. You, know the vampire rule.” I said.

“Pete, you may come in.” She said heading into the kitchen area of the apartment. Pete just gave me a look that he was sorry and walked into the apartment.

“Look, I know you are mad and hurt at me.” I said.

“Hurt? I think hurt is an understatement.” Amanda said walking back over to the door from the kitchen.

“Amanda, please?” I asked begging.

“You may come in.” She said rolling her eyes and sitting down on a couch.

“Your place is nice and roomy for an apartment. It’s big.” Joe said looking around.

“Thanks. Erelin and I even have room to train in.” Amanda replied as Erelin came out of her room and sat in a chair.

“Would you like anything to drink, Joe?” Amanda said acting like a good host.

“No thank you.” He replied.

“Amanda, I am sorry. I had to leave. You just don’t understand.” I blurted out wanting to get this fight over.

“I would have understood. We are sisters. We told each other everything. Micah told me about Ian after I started having the dreams. I thought I was going crazy and losing my mind. I felt things but did not know what was going on. I became a slayer right after you left. I went to grab mom some dinner because she never left the house and Micah was following me.

As I got out of my car, I was attacked at the restaurant by some vampires. I did not know what to do and I was in shock at was going on around me. I mean vampires are something you read in books or see in movies.

Micah swooped in and saved me. Then, he convinced me of what I was and how he knew. He told me that he knew you and trained you. You told him to watch over me and he did. That boy would have done anything for you, Elissa. You just up and left him not to mention your friends and me who would have understood.” Amanda explained.

“As you can see, yeah, I am a little hurt. I dreamed about you. As a twin, I knew you were not dead. It hurt me that you could not confide in me.” She added.

Pete looked over at me. He heard about Micah and I knew Amanda was going to spill on why I really left Micah and home without telling Amanda what happened to me. Amanda was mad at me and she has every right.

“I am sorry. What more can I say?” I replied. I was really, sorry. What more could I say? I did just up and leave.

“Elissa, Micah really cared about you. I take that back. He fell in love with you but you could not see it. What happened to Anna was not your fault.” She said bringing up the situation.

“Anna? Was that his girlfriend at the time or something?” Pete asked confused.

“No. Anna was Micah’s sister and I killed her.” I replied quietly slumping back into my seat.