Dead in the Water

Who's To Blame?

(Martin's POV)

After a few hours left of nightfall, we found nothing in our search for Amanda. I kept calling to her, hoping she could hear me but there was only silence. Erelin, Paul, and myself finally met Elissa and the others at her place. Daylight was coming which ended our frantic search.

"This is all my fault!" Elissa screamed smashing some vases in the living room against a wall. "None of this would be happening if I had stopped running and killed him! My sister is with that monster and I don't know if I will ever see her again!" She broke down crying on the floor.

"Elissa, you didn't know that this was going to happen." Pete replied trying to comfort her. He was starting to look better once he got some food into his system. He was still banged up good, however.

"She's right, Pete. It is her fault. If you would have stopped this, then I wouldn't be here right now and Amanda wouldn't be where she is right now!" I said yelling at Elissa.

"No, if you weren't turned, then my sister would already be dead, remember!" Elissa screamed back at me.

"Hey, Hey!" Frank said coming between us. "Not everyone knows." He whispered. Frank was right. Not all of the group knew what had been going on with Amanda in the last few months and she wanted to keep it that way.

"So what do we do now?" Erelin asked worried.

"All we can do is wait." Nonnie replied looking sullen.

"Well, I'm not waiting." Paul said.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I can go out in the daylight. Anyone want to join me or we just going to sit here and wait for something else to happen to Amanda?" Paul chimed in putting his jacket back on.

A show of hands went up from all the humans standing in the room. "I will call you the minute we find something." Paul said looking at me.

"Wait, take these." Elissa replied tossing them some weapons she had stashed away. "This is in case you need them. But don't do anything rash, ok?"" She added.

"I am taking my laptop. Baby, you drive." Patrick said to Jenny.

"Why the laptop?" She asked.

"Don't you know I am a good hacker? I am going to get into the city's records and scope out any abandoned homes or mansions Ian may lurk in." Patrick smiled heading out the door.

"We will find them." Paul said as he walked out the door.

After he left I went into the bedroom where Amanda had stayed now two nights ago. I laid down and closed my eyes. I could hear Amanda's voice in my head and I drifted asleep to the sound of it.