Dead in the Water

One Last Fight Before I Go

(Amanda's POV)
I woke up to the sound and feeling of Ian on the other side of the door to my room. I quickly hopped off the bed. I had no other choice but to fight him and his men in order to get out of this room. I looked behind me to see that it was already dark outside.

How long was I out? That dream didnt seem long enough for nightfall to be here. I looked at my arms and noticed my bruises were fading. On top of Martin giving me some of his strength, I felt my slayer senses kicking back in. I was starting to heal but if I took any more damage I don't think I was going to last.

I had to try not to get hurt. I owe that to Martin. I can't let him find me battered more then I was. I have to hang on.

I have to hang on for him. I cannot let him give his life for me. I need him too much right now and if he left me I don't think I could go on.

"Ah, my dear...what! How are you almost healed this fast?" Ian said coming towards me.

"Leave me alone." I said taking a fighting stance.

"What are you going to do, stake me?" He laughed.

"It can be arranged." I said.

"Ha! I would like to see you try. You have no weapon anyways." Ian grinned.

Ian came to me and I kicked him with such a force. I ran and somehow broke through his men and took off down the hall of the mansion. I ran to every room I could find but all were locked.

"Get her!" I heard Ian yell at his men.

I found a stairwell and flew down the stairs to the second floor. Two of his men were standing at the end of it. I took them by surprise, snapping their necks which turned them to dust then I proceeded to take the next step down but was grabbed from behind. Ian pulled me by my hair.

"Ah!" I yelled as he pulled me close to him. My back was turned to him.

"I can kill you right now. Is that what you want? You are becoming such a pain in the ass. And all the things I do for you to be my bride." Ian crazily replied as he had me by the neck now. I was unable to turn around and face him.

I looked down to see I only had twelve steps until I would have been on the first floor. I had to think fast. My heart was pounding.

"Oh yeah? Then why don't you bite me or kill me? Just go on and get it over with. I am tired of your talking. Martin will avenge me and I would rather stake myself then be married to you." I screamed at Ian.

"Listen here, bitch!" He said in my ear as he choked me. That was all I needed because he leaned in to me and I leaned forward closing my eyes as I took a tumble down the stairs with Ian behind me.

He had let go as we hit every step. I hit my head several times, not to mention my whole body hit every step. When I hit the bottom and laid on the floor, I was stunned.

Ian's men stayed at the top of the steps unsure as to what to do. I tried to get up but I had trouble breathing. I grabbed my left side in pain as I think I may have broken some ribs.

I turned my head to see Ian laying on the floor face down. I forced myself up even though I could barely breathe. My legs hurt but my adrenaline was pumping. I tuned most of the pain out because I knew I had to hang on and find a way out of this place.

I managed to take a few steps until Ian came to and grabbed my right leg sending me crashing down to the floor. "Where do you think you are going?" He said getting up and dragging me by my legs into another room.

I looked around and saw I was in a ballroom. No! My dreams were starting to come true.

I had to fight though. I am a slayer I kept telling myself and hopped to my feet. If I couldn't get away, I had to stall until the others came for me. Martin knew where I was now and it gave me some hope.

Ian started mouthing off and I told him that my friends were on their way. He just kept that smirk on his face I wanted to punch off. We went at it, fighting and taking every blow. My whole body was in pain. My slayer abilities had worn off and I wasn't healing fast anymore.

Everytime I was knocked down, I was determined to stand back up. Finally, I started to feel dizzy and I knew if he hit me again or I blacked out, I may not be alive or ever wake up. We had been fighting for over an hour and I knew I couldn't fight anymore. I turned and ran as fast as I could which wasn't very fast when you have possible bruised or fractured ribs, over to the ballroom doors. They led outside.

Ian once again with his speed got me and threw me out the glass doors. I had glass all over my hands where I tried to cover my face when I hit. He picked me up again and dragged me over by the pool.

"You finally made me snap. This revenge is going to be so good. I can't wait to see the look on your sister's face as she sees you and finally has to join me and I can't wait to see all of your friends dead. Such a waist." Ian said changing his face into vamp mode and turning me around to him.

Once again Ian tore into my neck. I couldn't fight him anymore. I was too weak.

All my memories flashed in front of me. Memories of my childhood up until now. Then I saw Martin's face. A tear ran down my face.

"I'm sorry Martin. So sorry. I am sorry I couldn't hang on. I tried. I really did. It's too much for me. I love you." I said in my thoughts. With that my body twitched as Ian let go of me and tossed me into the murky water of the pool.

I didnt have anything left to fight. Water was all around. I was sinking. This was my last breath.