Dead in the Water

I'm Still Holding On To You

(Martin's POV)

After I got off the phone with Paul I looked to see what time it was. It was already nightfall. How could I have been out that long?

Everyone was confused as to my actions but I told them in a few seconds I had found Amanda and that we needed to hurry. Frank decided to drive us. We were going to meet the others near Ian's mansion.

I sat in silence after I gave Frank the directions. I could feel Amanda slipping from me. She was trying her best to stay alive but she was getting battered again. It was killing me inside.

We arrived at the mansion and Patrick had all thrown us weapons. I caught a few stakes and hopped over the gate, charging to the mansion. I heard Amanda in my head and I screamed, "No!"

I ran through the house to the ballroom and out the broken doors that led outside. Ian was not here but his men were ready for a fight. I had to get passed them for I saw Amanda lying in the pool.

"Amanda!" I yelled as my friends came in fighting off Ian's men. I took off and dove into the nasty water of the pool and grabbed a not breathing Amanda out of the water.

Paul was the first to help me get her out and started to perform CPR. "No, Amanda!" I heard Elissa yell as she came over.

"She is going to be ok, right? Paul can do CPR right? She's not dead. She can't be!" Elissa screamed as I held her.

Ian's men were leading everyone into the woods behind the house. Everyone saw Amanda but continued to fight. I saw the looks on thier faces, especially Nonnie's who next to Erelin was the first to charge into the woods looking for Ian. Frank chased after her afraid something was going to happen to Nonnie.

"You have to do it! You have to save her! You know you can!" Elissa screamed pounding on my chest.

"I know. I will." I solemnly replied.

"Please. I can't lose my sister again. I can't." She said as Pete pulled her away.

"I promise." I replied.

"She's breathing! But barely. Her pulse is very weak!" Paul shouted to me as I felt Amanda's heart start to beat again.

Elissa nodded and took off with Pete with Andy and Chrissy looking confused at what was happening following behind. I picked Amanda up. She was so cold I took my black, fake leather jacket and wrapped it around her.

"Are you sure you want to do this, man?" Paul asked.

"I have to. She won't make it to the hospital and they need her." I sighed.

"You love her that much?" Paul asked.

"I do. You know what to do after this is over, right?" I asked.

"Yes." Paul nodded upset.

"Paul, it is the only way to save Amanda and to stop Ian." I said looking down at an unconcious Amanda who was barely hanging on.

"I know but I am going to miss you." He said as we did our little handshake we used to do with the band.

I lifted Amanda up some in my arms. I pulled her wet hair back and caressed her face. I kissed her cold, wet lips and then slid my fangs out as I made my way to her neck.

I gently bit the left side of her neck as she stirred a bit from the pain. I closed my eyes and then started what I came here to do. I was giving my life for her to live.