Dead in the Water

Adrenaline Courses Through My Veins

I sprinted out into the woods leaving Pete behind me. We were together but he was still slow from being beaten up by Ian that I had to seperate from him. It was nothing personal but I wanted to track and get to Ian before he slipped from my grasp again.

Something was drawing me to Ian. All the voices of my friends became quiet as I ran. It was as if the woods had grown silent but I couldn't stop. I wouldn't stop, not this time. I wasn't running away from Ian this time. No, he killed my sister that luckily Paul was able to revive. Ian was not going to live another day torturing me or my family.

This was my misson that I had failed at many times before. He was calling me to him, just as he had found me and haunted my dreams many times before. Ian wanted me to find him.

Thoughts ran through my head. There was me being ripped from everyone that I loved the day Ian turned me. There was Micah and the the love we could have had gone. Then there was Pete. My life was so screwed up until the day I met him. Well, I screwed it back up afterwards but we were working on getting our lives together back on track.

I loved Pete and he saw me for who I was. I wasn't this scared girl hiding behind a tough exterior to him. I was someone much stronger who needed to find her voice and he helped me find it. Pete taught me that being a vampire didn't have to be a bad thing. Instead, I can use my abilities to help save others from my fate. I loved him and Ian almost took Pete away from me.

Then, there was my twin sister. I had hurt her so many times over the years when I was alive. Especially now since I am kinda undead, I let Ian get to Amanda. I let Ian win. I didn't protect her as I should have. Ian is my problem and I am going to deal with him. I owe that to Amanda. Not to mention, if I hadn't have stopped Ian in the beginning Martin would still be alive and my sister if she survives wouldn't be hurting from losing him, once this battle is over.

I heard a laugh echo through the trees and suddenly I saw a light up ahead. I must have been running for miles. How much property did Ian own?

I reached the light to find a smaller house that was lit up causing the light. I ran into the house and into the study area. I felt a slight breeze brush behind me and I turned around. If my heart could still beat, I know it would be pounding profusely right about now.

I closed my eyes and stood in a protective stance. I am a stronger person now and I owe it to all the ones I love. I am not going to let them down.

"Enough of the theatrical effects Ian!" I yelled. I had so much adrenaline coursing through my dead veins.

"Why, love, I see you have finally decided to join me." Ian eerily said hiding from me.

"I am not joining you. I came here to do what I should have done all along; to kill you!"

"Tsk tsk. That was not the greeting I was hoping to hear." Ian snarled.

"What a shame isn't it? You took my sister from me. Now you must pay. You don't mess with family." I said going into full vamp mode.

"Ah, yes. Your sister tried to fight me but she finally gave up. I was growing tired of her any how when it was you I really wanted. It was you I wanted all along." Ian replied appearing out of nowhere. Vampires have exceptional speed.

"Let's do this." I said whipping out a stake from my right sleeve.

"Yes, let's so you will know that you will be mine. If you refuse, then you shall end up like your sister." Ian said dodging my attack. He then swiftly grabbed my right arm and flung me into a bookcase. I tried to get up but as I did, the bookcase gave way and fell on top of me.