Dead in the Water

Till Death Do Us Part One

(Amanda's POV)

Three days have gone by and it is now Nonnie and Frank's wedding day. I am so sick of taking pictures I could scream. Nonnie thought it would be a good idea for us all to take the pics we needed from the photographer so that we wouldn't have to make people wait too long at the reception hall. Then the only pictures that would need to be taken would be the ones of her and Frank after the wedding because it is a tradition for the bride and groom not to see each other before the wedding. It brings bad luck if the groom sees the bride.

"I can't wait for Pete and I to start planning our wedding." Elissa replied as she sat down next to me while Erelin and Ray were taking their pictures. I had just finished taking all the pictures I was supposed to be in and I could tell Erelin was bummed that Brendon wasn't her escort. Ray was one of Frank's bandmates and closest friends so it was only natural for him to be in the wedding party.

"How many times are you going to go around flashing the ring to people?" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget and..."

"It's ok." I half smiled.

"It's just that I am so happy and like I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him." She smiled as she looked over to see Pete dressed in his tux. He looked very sharp.

The guys had on black tuxes with black shirts underneath. The jackets had tails and they had orange ties and an orange carnation pinned to the jacket pocket. It was all themed to halloween as it now was.

"I am so glad Nonnie nixed the black flowers. I don't think I would want to walk down the aisle with dead roses." I shuddered.

"Haha, yeah. Frank thought it would be cool and Nonnie thought it was morbid with everything that has happened to us." Elissa replied.

"Your turn Elissa." Erelin walked over pouting.

"Ah, cheer up. Your loverboy is keeping Frank away from Nonnie while we do pictures." I laughed.

"But I am in a pretty dress and dolled up and he isn't my escort." Erelin pouted.

"He is still wearing a nice suit and he is your date at the reception." I smiled.

"No. I have to sit at the wedding party table, remember?" She said.

"I tell you what. Don't tell anyone but I give up my seat. How's that?" I grinned.

"Ooh!" She squealed.

"Wait, you aren't sticking around?" Erelin asked worried.

"It's Halloween. Someone needs to be out patrolling tonight." I sighed.

"Are you sure this has nothing to do with you not having a date?" Erelin asked worried about me.

"No." I said.

"Well, you know vampires don't come out on Halloween." Erelin said.

"I know but I would still like to know little kids are safe trick or treating tonight." I replied.

"Ok, people, it's showtime!" Nonnie said after she took the last of the pictures so far with Pete and Elissa.

"I am so glad we already went through all this with Frank." I said to Erelin laughing.

"Yeah, me too. I just hope one of them doesn't get cold feet." She laughed as the boys went one way and us girls left the santuary and into a room lining up in formation.

The wedding of Nonnie and Frank started off with no problems. Erelin and Elissa with their escorts of Ray and Pete took off down the aisle. Then it was my turn. I took my spot where I stand behind Nonnie after walking down the aisle with Bob.

I did a quick scan of the crowd to see that the church was full of Nonnie and Frank's families and of course the rest of our friends. Even Joe was here with his girlfriend, Bev. Things got better between him and Nonnie and I was glad to see that they could be just friends.

I looked over to see a nervous Frank quickly turn to Bob to make sure he had the rings and then the music started. There was no Nonnie. The music stopped and started again. Then Nonnie walked down the aisle alone smiling. I think she wanted Frank to have a heart attack.

When it came time for the I do's I had to hold Nonnie's flowers and hand her a tissue I had stashed in mine because I knew she was going to need it. Frank was up first to say his vows. I started to feel this weird feeling come over me and I looked out into the crowd of people. I looked over onto Nonnie's side and thought I saw in the back...it can't be. Is that Martin?

"Elissa?" I whispered turning my head so slightly.

"Yeah." She said in gritted teeth.

"Look in the back. Am I seeing things? Is that Martin? Is he alive?" I whispered back.

"Amanda, seriously." She replied.

"No, just look." I said.

"Fine." She said looking at where I told her.

"All I see is people I don't know. Amanda, quit daydreaming. I know you don't want to be here but honestly..." She trailed off.

I guess she was right. Maybe I had imagined Martin was here because when I looked back, all I saw was a tall man in the back where I thought I saw Martin. Frank was still professing his love when I looked over to his side of the room to see figures start to charge up from the back. Vampires! But how? I didn't think they were allowed in churches.