Dead in the Water

Till Death Do Us Part Two

(Amanda's POV)
"Amanda!" My sister whispered and then I felt a slight kick in the knees.

"What?!" I said looking around. There were no vampires about to charge and ruin Nonnie and Frank's wedding. I was daydreaming again. I turned and gave Elissa a look and then turned back to hear Nonnie say, "I do."

"You may now kiss the bride." The preacher said as Nonnie moved closer to Frank. He grabbed Nonnie and leaned her back giving her one of those long movie star type kisses. Then he pulled her up and they proceeded down the aisle together. Then it came time for the rest of us to follow them down the aisle.

"What was up with you?" Elissa said pulling me aside after everyone left the church to head to where the reception was being held.

"I don't know. My mind just went elsewhere. I'm just not a wedding person, I guess. I did try though. I mean I was here." I replied as we were waiting to take the last few pics since Nonnie and Frank could now take pictures together in the sanctuary.

"Your mind was on Martin. Look, I know you still have a hard time with his death. I know you want it to be you two up there but reality check, Martin isn't coming back. You have two friends who want your support tonight." Elissa argued.

"Last I checked, I know Martin isn't coming back and the answer to your next question is that you don't know my pain so don't even try to tell me next that you know how I feel. Pete is alive and well so don't try to understand and make me feel better because it isn't working!" I said throwing my flowers on the ground and storming down the aisle from where we were sitting.

"Amanda, where are you going?" Erelin asked trying to follow me. "Talk to me. Why are you leaving?" She added.

"I can't stay here." I said with tears starting to form. "I have to get out of here. Elissa just doesn't understand. No one does." I said turning to face Erelin.

"I do. Go." She smiled. "I'll cover for you."

"Thanks." I half smiled as I wiped my eyes and then hugged Erelin. Then I took off out of the church and into the night.

I grabbed a taxi and had the driver drop me off in a place I used to hunt vampires alot in. Now, the area was becoming quiet with activity which was good but bad for me as I wanted to kill something right now. As I walked I started to calm down some and my heart started to beat faster as it did in the church.

"Martin?" I asked as I turned around clutching my heart. It wasn't pain I was feeling. It was that feeling like Martin was with me, like I felt when I used to be around him.

I didn't see him so I turned back around and started walking down the street again. I watched as lovers held hands and walked with that gleam in their eyes. Its not that I wasn't happy for Nonnie and Frank, its just that, I don't know. I want what they have and I shouldn't be that way.

My mind wandered to what I thought I saw in the church. Had I felt and seen Martin? Could he have somehow survived? Its crazy talk. Elissa didn't see him and I was daydreaming so I must have made him up in my head as well.

I started to feel dizzy all of a sudden. Everything started spinning. I felt myself start to fall but I was caught by someone. I thought I heard them try to talk to me but even my hearing was messing with me. The street lights were out at the particular spot I happened to be in which didn't help that from being dizzy I couldn't see the person's face who caught me anyway. And I couldn't seem to find the right words to say on my situation to communicate with the stranger who caught me.

I smelt a warm, familiar scent and closed my eyes. I felt something wrap around me, maybe a jacket as I was getting chilled from wearing the bridesmaid dress with no sleeves and it being chilly in October. The dizzyness subsided but I was so calm I fell asleep in a stranger's arms.

I woke up with a headache in my bed. How did I get here? I got up and looked around. Nothing was taken or appeared to be broken into. I guess I was so out of it that I just came home. I couldn't remember. Everything was foggy.

I went into the bathroom and changed into my pjs. I looked in the mirror and smiled. Something had me feeling warm on the inside but I couldn't place it. I liked this feeling. I guess I over reacted at Nonnie's wedding. I hope that once I explain my actions, she will forgive me from leaving early.