Dead in the Water

Feeling Naked And Exposed

(Amanda’s POV)
We arrived at where Pete was staying. Elissa acted as if she was the love of his life in the car. I just rolled my eyes. So what if they felt a connection. I knew how my sister was. I just hoped she did not screw up this relationship.

“Amanda, Erelin, I am so glad you guys made it.” Pete said answering the door.

I walked in to see that Pete had many friends who were all sitting in the living room. When they saw me, however, they all came running over to me nearly pushing Erelin out of the way. They kept staring at me as if they had never seen a twin before. I felt awkward and like I was naked and exposed on display somewhere.

“Hey, out of the way.” Pete said grabbing my arm and leading me into the living room where everyone was forced to settle down.

“Wow, you look just like Elissa.” Chrissy said stating the obvious.

“Except for the eyes. I have green ones and she has blue ones.” Elissa said sitting on the floor.

“Everyone this is Amanda as you know, Elissa’s sister and this is Erelin.” Pete said pulling Erelin over to us.

“Hi.” Most everyone said in unison.

“Do you enjoy being a twin?” Andy asked.

“Sometimes.” I said looking at my sister who got annoyed with me.

“Erelin and Amanda this is in order here on the couch, Andy and his girlfriend Chrissy. Sitting beside them are Joe as you know and his girlfriend Nonnie.” Pete explained.

“Aww. I am so glad to meet you.” Erelin said walking over to hug Nonnie. “Joe missed you last night. He wished you had joined him at the club but don’t worry you didn’t miss much except that I was almost kidnapped.” Erelin said starting to ramble.

“Ahem.” Elissa said making Erelin back up over to where I was standing. She gave me a look and I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Over in the chair there is Patrick and his girlfriend Jenny. They are our weapons experts. I trust them with my life.” Pete said as they nodded at Erelin and me.

“Amanda is a vampire slayer. She is not like us. She is the real deal.” Pete explained.

“Wait, you mean there is such a thing as vampire slayers?” Patrick asked.

“Yes.” Joe replied.

“Sweet, I would love to train and work with you.” Patrick replied.

“I can do that but only if Erelin can train to. She is next in line if something happens to me.” I replied.

“Wait, so there are two slayers? You have powers too?” Chrissy asked.

“Well not exactly. I can fight well and move fast but I do not have super strength or the ability to heal fast as Amanda does. That only happens if something happens to her. I do have the dreams that come with the slayer package and I can use them to pinpoint where there may be trouble.” She said.

“Cool.” Andy said.

“Everyone seemed nice. Pete had went to put up the blood packets we got from Sisky and I followed him into their kitchen as everyone had become fascinated by Erelin at the moment.

“Pete, can I talk to you a minute?” I asked.

“Sure, what is up?” He asked.

“You and my sister have a bond?” I asked.

“Well, we feel something and I do like your sister. I want to know her better.” Pete replied.

“I know I haven’t known you but like a day or so but I want to warn you because Elissa is my sister. Be careful with her.” I said.

“Trust me; I won’t hurt her if that is what you are thinking.” He replied.

“No, it’s her hurting you that I am worried about.” I said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He asked curiously.

“Nothing, nevermind.” I replied. “So, my sister succeeded in getting me a date with your friend Adam at the morgue tonight.” I said.

“She did, did she?” He said.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Well, Sisky is a nice guy.” Pete replied.

“Sisky?” I asked.

“Yes that is his nickname. He really doesn’t go by Adam that much.” Pete said.

“That’s funny. He never told me.” I said almost in a mumble.

“Maybe he was saving it for your date.” Pete replied hearing what I had said.

“Speaking of the date, it is tomorrow and you and Elissa are coming along with.” I said smiling because I knew what Pete’s reaction is going to be.

“What?” Pete responded as I knew he would.

“Yes she volunteered you two. I eat when I am on a date so at least buy a coke or something and act like you are drinking it.” I said patting him on the back and walking away. I knew he would be high tailing it soon over to where Elissa was to have a word with her.

“Amanda, right?” I turned around hearing a voice.

“Yes?” I said seeing Nonnie.

“I need your help. Can you please help me?” She asked with her hands trembling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder what Nonnie could need my help about? hehe.