Dead in the Water

Weapon Time

“Amanda, what kind of weapons are you used to fighting with?” Patrick asked Amanda as if he was a kid in a candy store. Everyone giggled except Jenny who I think seemed a little jealous that Amanda was getting Patrick’s attention.

“I work with everything.” She replied. “Ooh I like this though.” She said picking up the crossbow.

“What do I get to work with?” Erelin asked walking over to where Patrick was standing.

“You can have anything too.” He replied.

We all took our shoulder bags and stashed them with the necessary weapons. I looked around to see everyone was here in the living room except Joe and Nonnie. I hoped that everything was ok with them.

“Elissa are you riding with me?” Pete asked.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way. Besides, I bet I kick more butt then you.” I said laughing.

“We will see about that.” Pete smirked. “By the way when were you planning on telling me that we were invited on Amanda’s date with Sisky?” Pete asked.

“Who is Sisky?” I asked.

“It’s Adam but he likes to be called Sisky. It is a nickname he was given a long time ago.” Pete replied.
“Oh.” I said laughing. “I was going to tell you but I don’t know, I kind of forgot.” I smiled.

“Right.” Pete said leaning in to kiss me.

After we kissed, I walked over to Amanda who was the last one to talk to Nonnie. I wanted to know what was taking her and Joe so long to get downstairs. Something just seemed off.

“Hey, where are Joe and Nonnie?” I asked Amanda.

“They should be down in a minute. They just needed some alone time.” She said walking away. I could sense that something was up but Amanda did not want to tell me. I wondered why. Did she not trust me anymore. I am her sister. I can keep a secret.

“It is about time you two arrived.” Andy said playfully hitting Joe’s arm. “Hey man, what’s wrong?” Andy asked Joe.

“It is nothing.” Joe said as I watched him separate himself away from Nonnie. This cannot be good.