Dead in the Water

I'll Keep Singing This Lie

(Amanda’s POV)
I woke up with a splitting headache. I went to touch my head but couldn’t. My hands were tied behind my back. I opened my eyes to see I was in a warehouse and I was tied down to a chair. I tried to remember how I got here but the only thing I could remember was Brendon. I am going to kill him as soon as I bust out of my restraints.

One thing he must not know is that I can easily untie myself out of this rope. It was something Micah had taught me and if that didn’t work to use my strength and bust out of the ropes. Micah was very helpful and handy which prepared me for times like this.

“Ah, you are awake.” I heard Brendon say. I looked around to find him but couldn’t see him. I could definitely feel his sorry ass.

“Oh, you are going to wish you were dead when I get out of here.” I said fidgeting with the rope around my hands.

“Sorry babe but I am already dead.” He said from behind me and pulling my chair around so I could face him.

“What do you want with me? Why did you bring me here and why are you working for the enemy?” I asked pissed off. “I know you have a soul.” I replied.

“I will answer one question at a time.” He said.

“Where are my friends? Can you at least tell me if they are ok?” I asked.

“They are fine, including Erelin.” Brendon replied.

“You didn’t kidnap her too? I will hurt you if you did.” I said almost free from my ropes.

“No. I don’t want anything to happen to her.” He replied with emotion in his voice.

“So you just want to off the slayer to get me out of the way so you can have her?” I asked stalling.

“No. Will you just shut up and let me explain myself?” He asked.

“I’m tied up remember. Feel free to talk away.” I said rolling my eyes.

“I saw you get hurt in the fight earlier. You managed to help Erelin but I saw the other vampire. You were ran into that car pretty hard. I cleaned up your wound. I suspect that all you had was a nasty headache when you woke up am I right?” Brendon asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“Anyway I came because yes I was with Beckett.” He replied.

“Who is Beckett? Pete said he would explain later to me.” I said.

“I will get to him. I am working for the good side it just doesn’t appear that way. I could never hurt Pete or his friends. I only make it look like I go after them so that Beckett trusts me. Believe me when I say that I hate him with a passion. I used to be friends with Pete. He hates me now and I hate that I can’t tell him that I am on his side Amanda, I don’t kill people.” Brendon explained.

“How do you know my name?” I ask.

“Erelin told me at the club.” He replied.

“I was in there scouting for some of Beckett’s men that wander in there for a drink. I was going to kill them but instead I felt you and Erelin walk in. I studied you two for a second and knew that you were the slayer. You shouldn’t have left her alone in the club.” Brendon said criticizing me.

“Don’t criticize me. I was dragged out of that club by Pete and his friend Joe because they thought I was my twin sister who happens to be a good vampire that will kick your ass if she finds me.” I said pissed off.

“My apologies then.” He said taking off his hat.

“Why do you wear that silly hat and outfit for anyway?” I asked.

“Beckett wants his guys to wear them at all times. He thinks it makes his gang look distingushed from other vampires and the other vampires fear Beckett.” He explained.

“Now where was I?” He asked. “Oh, I came tonight and saw you get hurt. You saved Erelin and then were starting to go out of it when that vampire caught you off guard. I came over and staked him for you.” He said.

“How noble of you.” I said sarcastically.

“I could have let him feed on you.” Brendon said back to me. “I saw you were hurt and I needed to get you away from Beckett. Your life is in danger here as the slayer. Erelin’s too but I think she would be ok tonight. You on the other hand needed assistance so I put you in my arms and then jumped up on a dumpster to the fire escape then onto the roof of the opposite building to get away.” He said.

“I heard Erelin scream.” I said remembering.

“Give her my apologies. I didn’t mean to scare her.” I said.

I wasn’t buying his crap. He tied me up and now I am untied. It is time to get out of here.
I let the rope fall from my hands. “You forgot one thing, Brendon.” I said smiling. “Slayers can always untie themselves.” I said pulling the rest of the rope around me off me and kicking over the chair hard to get a stake.

I grabbed a stake and charged after Brendon. “Stop! You don’t understand. Hear me out!” Brendon said as I knocked him down to the ground.

“I don’t believe you. What do you want with me and Erelin and I want the truth! What do you have to do with Pete and I want to know who Beckett is!” I yelled as I pinned him. When he didn’t answer I raised my stake to stake him. I don’t kill good vampires but ones who work for the opposite side maybe.

“Wait!” Brendon yelled.