Dead in the Water

Down And Out

“We have a huge problem, man.” Patrick said.

“I know!” Pete yelled scaring me as he kept his game face on.

“Joe we will get her back.” Andy said patting him on the back.

“Do you think Beckett’s men grabbed her?” Chrissy asked.

“I don’t know but who else would have. I mean we were fighting Dandies.” Joe replied.

I pulled Erelin aside. “Who took Amanda?” I asked her.

“Brendon did.” She replied still in shock.

“Erelin we have to think here. If Pete learns this then his fate is sealed. Pete hates Brendon. It is a long story I can explain later to you but right now we need to learn why he took her.” I said trying to remain calm but freaking out.

“I don’t think Brendon would hurt her.” She said trying to regain her thoughts. “He saved me at the club the other night. He saved Amanda. She was hit pretty hard, and managed to help me fight off one of my attackers. I turned around and saw a vampire start to grab her as she was going out of it. Brendon staked the vampire and caught her as she fainted. I guess I got scared because he was in full vamp mode and I wasn’t expecting him to carry her off like that.” She explained.

“He attacked us though as a Dandy, Erelin. I don’t know if Brendon can be trusted.” I said unsure. I gathered from seeing Pete’s memories that he was not directly involved with Beckett turning him into a vampire but Brendon is still hanging with Beckett.

“Hey, how are you holding up?” Pete asked grabbing me from behind.

“How do you think I am holding up?” I asked. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” I said seeing Pete with a hurt expression.

“It’s ok. Did you see who took Amanda?” Pete asked Erelin.

“Uh, I just saw a random vampire.” She said looking at me.

“We will get her back, Elissa. I know how much having family now is important to you.” Pete whispered in my ear. "I will have all my contacts on the situation.” He said letting go of me and heading over to Joe.

I do not know why but I had a funny feeling that Nonnie and Amanda disappearing were not coincidences. What if they were somehow related? I wonder if this had anything to do with Nonnie talking to Amanda earlier.

“Erelin, did Amanda tell you anything in the car about her and Nonnie’s talk?” I asked. Erelin looked away.

“Erelin this is important. I need to know.” I said.

“I was sworn to secrecy.” She replied. “Why do you want to know?” She asked.

“I have a feeling that them disappearing is not a coincidence. I think that they are related somehow.” I said. “Erelin if you know something, you have to tell me. This is important in finding them both alive.” I replied a little hurt.