Dead in the Water

Worries

“Elissa, it is almost sunrise. I was so worried about you when you didn’t come back here with everyone else.” Pete said grabbing me and holding me. I needed this. As much as I wanted to think Brendon was a good guy, and Amanda was ok, I still had doubts. Pete’s arms were comforting.

“I just needed to go out and clear my head. I killed many vampires in my rage which sadly didn’t make me feel any better.” I replied not letting go of Pete.

“I called all of my contacts. They will keep a lookout for Amanda and Nonnie.” Pete replied. His eyes looked so tired. He had not had any sleep and judging by his paleness, no food in awhile either.

“How is Joe?” I asked concerned.

“He can’t sleep. He worked out for a while. Joe called Nonnie’s cell too but all he got was voicemail. I finally was able to force him to sleep but I do not think it will last long. Actually, no one can really rest easy. Chrissy and Andy just fell asleep like an hour ago. Erelin is sleeping on the couch there. Patrick and Jenny crashed a few minutes before you walked in.” Pete said.

“Come with me.” I said leading him into the small kitchen. “You need this. I can’t have you attacking my friend sleeping over there or yours.” I said tossing him a blood packet from the fridge.

“You are being way to calm.” Pete replied before drinking it.

“She is my sister. Twins are supposed to know when something is wrong with the other. Why can’t I feel that she is ok?” I asked starting to crack. Erelin would not tell me anything about Brendon, what Amanda knows about him and Nonnie for that matter.

“Hey, come here.” Pete said wrapping me in his arms as I was about to cry. “We will find them.” Pete said.

“I believe you.” I said looking in his eyes as he wiped away some tears of mine. I do not know what it was but Pete had this affect on me. Vampires cannot force each other to do things like they can with humans so why was I suddenly tired all of a sudden.

“Come on. My contacts will call me if they see Amanda or Nonnie anywhere.” Pete said taking my hand and leading me to his room.

When we got to his door, he picked me up bridal style and carried me to his room. I was exhausted and clung onto Pete. He put me on the bed and I rolled over to him once he climbed in. Would this nightmare soon be over? Will I get my sister back? All of these thoughts soon vanished from my head and sleep started to take over as Pete held onto me.