Dead in the Water

Pretty Odd

(Erelin’s POV)
I woke up from having a strange dream. One minute I was kissing Brendon and the next I was seeing my best friend dying in front of me. How weird was that?
Wait a minute. This is not my room. I looked around closely. Where am I? Where is Amanda?

“You are awake.” I heard Brendon reply as he walked into the room I was in.

“Where am I and where is Amanda? She is ok?” I said remembering that I was not dreaming at all. Amanda was almost dying before Brendon did whatever he did to make me unconscious.

“Easy there. I brought you to a friend’s place. Elissa had me take you away because of Beckett’s attack on Amanda. She is going to call you when she finds out how Amanda is. I am sorry about forcing you to sleep but I had no other option. You kept fighting me.” He said apologetically and sitting on the bed.

“You should be. Do not ever do that to me again! I want to go to the hospital. Take me there or tell me where I am so I can take a cab.” I demanded.

“No. Elissa wants me to make sure you are ok and that it is safe. When she calls, I will make sure you get to the hospital. My friends will take you.” He said.

“Oh, and who are your friends?” I asked pissed.

“You already met them. It is Frank and his friend Mikey.” Brendon said.

“Yeah, the one who is trying to steal Nonnie away from Joe?” I said rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.

“Look.” He said.

“No you look. Amanda is my best friend. I have a right to be at that hospital.” I said.

“You are cute when you are angry.” Brendon laughed.

“Shut up!” I said wanting to hit him.

I got up and started pacing. Brendon got up from the bed as well. I was angry with him. If he had not taken me from the fight, I would have been able to help Amanda and maybe she would not be in a hospital fighting for her life right now.

“It’s my fault!” I said turning to face Brendon.

“Erelin, what happened to Amanda is not your fault.” Brendon said.

“No, you are right. It is your fault! If you had not taken me away, maybe none of this would have happened. I could have helped.” I said hitting his chest until he grabbed me, holding me, and the tears started to fall from my eyes.

“I am sorry. Maybe you are right.” Brendon said as I let go.

“You should be…” I said feeling sharp pains in my abdomen and collapsing in Brendon’s arms.

“Brendon, the pain…” I said. “Something is happening to me.” I barely got out grabbing his arm as he helped me onto the bed.

“Ah, death grip!” Brendon replied as I quickly let go of his arm. The room started to spin and I felt Brendon. He was a good vampire.

“No!” I screamed. The pain and hurting Brendon besides feeling him and now Frank in another room meant that I was the new slayer.

“Erelin look at me. I think you are the slayer now.” Brendon said with sadness in his eyes.

“No! No! I have to get to the hospital now!” I said sitting up and grabbing my stomach. I think I am going to be sick.

“She’s not dead! She can’t be dead!” I said as Brendon grabbed me and fell to the floor with me as I cried in his arms not caring that I was in a vampire’s arms.