Dead in the Water

Carry On Dancing

A week went by and I did not see the handsome vampire who helped me out the other night. I wondered where he roams looking for the bad vampires. I even went back to the club a few nights but missed him or he just did not show up.

Where could this Pete be? I just knew I had to see him again. He intrigued me. How could he not know I was just like him?

I found my way down to the docks after I made my local stop at the hospital to pick up some blood for the next week. Adam seemed very eager to see me again when I picked up my packets. He had a nice smile and took being a vampire in stride for what had happened to him.

As I walked around checking out the warehouses and such, I felt that old familiar feeling. There was a good vampire around plus give or take around ten bad vampires. I quickly followed my instinct to where I hoped it was Pete fighting.

I hid around a corner of a building at first to see what was going on around me before I jumped into the fight once I made it to the point where the vampires were. There were humans around fighting with Pete. It was not odd, just unusual. I have not had humans around fighting with me since I was with Micah and I do not want to remember that time. My time with Micah and his friends are behind me now.

I could not watch any longer. Pete’s friends were getting their butts kicked. I took off running in one of his friends directions who was about to have a vampire grab him from behind and possibly stab him.

“Look out!” I said using my super speed and knocking the guy down on the ground.

As I knocked him down, the vampire I was protecting the person from stabbed me on my right side. I bared my fangs and turned around, full force kicking the vampire down and stabbing him with his own blade. After I had killed that vampire, another one grabbed me and knocked me down to the ground. He climbed on top of me as I was trying to get back up and saw my stab wound, hitting it and causing me to cry out in pain. I did not realize how serious the wound was at the time. My mind was focused, on helping to exterminate the vampires.

I head butted the vampire which took him by surprise, and got back on my feet. I then did a kick and sent him flying into a trashcan that had stuff burning in it. I watched the flames consume him and turn him into dust.

I turned around to see that all the vampires had now been defeated that were in this area. I saw Pete and three other males approach me cautiously. The one I saved looked as if he wanted to thank me but was afraid of what Pete might say or do.

“I was just passing through. As I said, I work…alone.” I said collapsing from too much loss of blood.

Pete was there surprisingly and had caught me. I looked at him and smiled. Then everything went black.