Dead in the Water

Secrets

(Amanda’s POV)
“Ok, you can lie to my sister but I don’t buy it one bit. You have been seeing Brendon secretly somehow, haven’t you?” I quizzed Erelin.

“No, we haven’t seen each other as I said.” She said nervously.

“Ok, have it your way.” I replied sighing.

“Amanda ever since you left the hospital, you have seemed so different and withdrawn then you usually are. Is everything ok? I know having the Beckett nightmares takes its toll on you and especially going through the ordeal you went through.” Erelin replied worried about me. “Elissa was right, you do look pale.” She added.

“I am fine. I am a breathing, living human being.” I said gazing out the window.

“I know what it is. It’s your mystery man, well, uh, vampire, isn’t it?” Erelin asked smiling. “I know Elissa doesn’t believe you but I want you to know that I do and you can talk to me. That is something you do not do much anymore is talk. You worry about everyone else and shut out your problems. You can’t keep bottling up your emotions, Amanda.” Erelin said taking my right hand.

“I forgot what I had even told you about him.” I said sipping my fresh cup of coffee the waitress filled back up.

“You told me that you believed it was the guy from your past when you were in the hospital at the age of seventeen and how he helped you to get better. He helped you to pull through two months ago and that you thought it was he who was watching you that night Sisky was attacked right before Beckett got you. You also told me that you felt him in the hospital after

Elissa went to talk to the girls when you woke up and how you tried to follow your feeling of him. That was when you learned he was a vampire but good. Am I forgetting anything?” Erelin asked smiling and enjoying my tale of a mystery man.

“You really enjoy this don’t you?” I smiled.

“Yes I do. Anyone who can make you smile as you are doing right now is a friend of mine. You light up when you think about him.” She replied.

“I think I ruined it. I was so close to finding out who he was when Sisky showed up and kissed me. I know my mystery guy, well, I know who he is, at least I hope it is the boy from my past, only I can’t remember his name. What I am trying to say is that he had seen Sisky kissing and me. Ever since then I have not felt him around. Maybe I scared him away.” I said sighing again. My life had become complicated.

“You love this mystery man?” Erelin asked.

“I think so. I like Sisky but I do not know. My feelings since that day have been so confusing. I never thought I would ever see that boy again who is not a boy anymore. If he is back, how did he find me? Why can’t I remember his name? We bonded and I fell in love with him. I never stopped thinking about him. This is so frustrating.” I said slamming my fist on the table.

“Easy there.” Erelin said. “Maybe he is your guardian angel in a way and comes to save the day and protect you when you need it.” Erelin smiled.

“Hey, I got to head out. I will talk to you two later.” Elissa said as she had walked back over to our table.

“Where are you going?” I asked. “Wait nevermind. You are seeing Pete.” I said as Erelin laughed.

“Uh, yeah. Bye guys.” She said leaving Erelin and me alone to talk.

“My own sister is ditching me again. I need to have a serious talk with Peter.” I said.

“You only call him Peter when you are mad at him.” Erelin giggled.

“Well, I have good reason. He is interrupting family time.” I smiled.

We paid for our food and left the diner. Erelin and I pulled out some stakes and decided to do some patrolling near the diner. I had parked my car at Pete’s so we would scout around here and then pick up my car. Pete lived only a few blocks away.

“I am sure your mystery man will appear again but hopefully on good terms this time. Who knows though; you and Sisky may really be perfect for each other though too.” Erelin said as we started walking down the street.

“Yeah, you are right.” I said.

“Hey, isn’t that Joe?” Erelin said elbowing me in the ribs.

“Hey, watch it.” I said.

“Sorry, but look!” She said pointing up in front of us.

“It sure is. He’s got a girl with him and she isn’t a vampire.” I replied.

“Smile, they are coming this way.” Erelin said.

“Hey, Erelin and Amanda. What are you guys doing out?” Joe asked as he saw us out and walked by us.

“Oh, you know the usual.” I said looking at the girl Joe had his arm wrapped around hers. She had short brown hair and brown eyes.

“What are you doing out here?” Erelin asked him.

“I am actually on a date.” Joe said smiling at his girl. Erelin and I looked at each other with a shocked look on our faces.

“Hi. Joe has told me all about you. I know what you are. My name is Beverly but you can call me Bev.” Joe’s date replied sticking her hand out for us to shake.

“Uh, hi. I’m Amanda and this is Erelin.” I said.

“Well we are heading to the diner. Catch you later.” Joe said leading Bev along.

“Damn. He moves on after all.” Erelin replied looking at me for answers, I did not have.

“I just hope Nonnie doesn’t know about this but then who am I kidding? If he’s already moved on then what’s holding her and Frank back?” I asked aloud.