Dead in the Water

There Can Only Be One Slayer

(Amanda’s POV)
“Sisky you can put me down now.” I said as he had picked me up from the car and would not let me walk anywhere and carried me to his couch at his place.

“Fine.” He said. “Amanda, are you really ok?” He asked concerned.

“Yeah, I just got a little dizzy. I think I moved too quickly.” I said smiling at Sisky.

“I have some food I bought just in case you ever decided to sleep over and I mean that in a nonsexual way.” He said putting his hands up.

“You did that for me?” I said laughing.

“I did because I care about you and my home is your home.” He said pulling me close.

“So that means that your bed becomes my bed?” I said raising an eyebrow up at him.

“Uh…” He stuttered.

“Come on!” I said grabbing his arm and pulling him close behind me as I ran into his room.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked as I began to take my top off.

“What’s a matter, are you afraid of sleeping with the slayer?” I asked grinning at him and teasing him.

“Never.” He said throwing me down on the bed and pouncing on me.

“Good.” I said as he began kissing down my neck.

After I gave in and gave myself to Sisky finally, I fell asleep in his arms. It was the most peaceful sleep I had until the nightmares started to haunt my dreams again. First, it started with Beckett.

“You will bring me the slayer. She knows how to get to Elissa.” Beckett said. He was not dreaming but I was. I think I am seeing what he is about to do.

“What? She has all her friends around her. That is impossible for me to do.” Brendon said shocking the heck out of me that I was seeing what was about to happen with Beckett.

“No, Brendon. You can’t bring Erelin to Beckett no matter what!” I screamed.

“I want her alive, do you hear me? If not you will die because I will kill you for failing me.” Beckett sneered.

“So that’s it? You are suddenly turning on your own kind?” Brendon challenged.

“That’s it Brendon find out what he has planned.” I said.

“Look, if I don’t do as I am told none of you will be around.” Beckett replied.

“Beckett scared of something? Wow!” Brendon laughed.

“Don’t you ever laugh at me!” Beckett said picking up Brendon and slamming him against a wall.

“Ok, chill. I got it.” He said.

“There is a vampire far powerful then I have become and in order for us to survive out here, we have to temporarily follow his orders until I can find a way to stop him.” Beckett said letting up on Brendon.

“What’s his name?” Brendon asked.

“You ask too many questions.” Beckett said flashing his fangs.

“I just want to know who we are dealing with in case something happened to you. Remember you put me in charge as your number two.” Brendon smoothly covered.

“His name is Ian and if something happens to me, run.” Beckett said.
My dream then changed. I was in a hospital lying in a bed. I was on a respirator.

“I don’t understand.” I said as I walked over to myself.

“There can’t be two slayers. One of you has to die. You are slowly dying.” I saw myself say as the bedridden me pulled out my breathing tubes.

“Whoa this is weird.” I said noticing I was talking to myself even if it was a dream.

“What if I don’t want to be a slayer anymore? What if I want to live?” I asked.

“There is one who can help. That is all I can say.” The bedridden me, said.

The next thing I knew I woke up still in Sisky’s arms. “Good morning.” Sisky said as I stirred.

“Good morning.” I replied sitting up.

“How did you sleep?” He asked.

“Well.” I said lying. I was not ready to tell him or anyone else that I was dying. I did not even know how long or much time I had. Who was this person that can help me though?

“Penny for your thoughts?” Sisky asked kissing me.

“Just thinking how much I love you.” I said smiling and returning his kiss.

"Did you just tell me that you love me?" He asked surprised.

"Yes, but I can take it back." I said finally ready to move on.

“No, no. I love you too.” He said. “You wait here. I have a surprise for you.” Sisky said making me laugh.

“What if I don’t want to wait?” I said playfully pouting.

“Then, you can’t have your surprise.” He grinned as he slipped back into his jeans and left the bedroom.