Dead in the Water

Closer To The Truth

(Amanda’s POV)
“Amanda, wake up.” Erelin said gently shaking me awake.

“What time is it?” I mumbled without opening my eyes.

“It is after three pm. I was wondering if you were hungry and wanted to brainstorm about what you told Brendon last night.” Erelin replied.

“It’s after three pm!” I said throwing my covers off and finding something nice to put on.

“Amanda, you make me laugh. I let you sleep in this morning.” She said laughing at me.

“I got to fix my hair and put my make up on.” I said frantically trying to get ready.

“Where do you want to eat? It’s my treat.” Erelin said rolling her eyes at me.

“I don’t know. What about Chinese food?” I asked before brushing my teeth.”

“No, I will burn those calories off in no time and be hungry again.” She said laughing.

“That is true. I am always hungry like two hours after I eat Chinese food. Ok, here is one for you. Are you up for Mexican?” I asked.

“Why?” She said as she sat on my bed.

“There is this new Mexican place on the corner of Barrett. I hear it’s pretty popular and I know how much you love celebrity hunting.” I said grinning as I came out of the bathroom.

“I’m sold.” She said.

After we ate, we did some shopping for weapons and clothes to slay in. A girl can never have too many accessories. Then a thought occurred.

“Erelin, do you mind if we stop at the hospital? It is dark now and Sisky should be at his job. I won’t stay long.” I said.

“And here you hate hospitals.” Erelin replied laughing. “Yes, that is fine, but we still need to figure out something regarding Beckett and Brendon.” She added.

“I know.” I said.

We made it to the hospital and made our way to the morgue. When I arrived there, I was shocked to see Joey his coworker that worked with him sometimes and no Sisky. This was odd.

“Joey, where is Sisky?” I asked once we made it past the secretary.

“Oh hey, Amanda. Sisky went out with…” Joey stated but my phone went off.

“Hang on one sec.” I said grabbing my phone and stepping to the side a bit, as I answered it.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Amanda is Elissa with you? She was supposed to have met me here at my place an hour ago.” Pete said worried on the other line.

“No.” I said.

“You don’t think she ran do you?” He asked.

“No, I would have known.” I said.

“I’m worried. She hasn’t answered her cell phone and with Ian here in town…” Pete said.

“Stay there Pete. I will be right there. We will think of something.” I said.

“I am going to check her place out. I will meet you here in an hour.” He replied.

“Pete, be careful.” I said.

“You too.” He said hanging up.

“What’s wrong?” Erelin asked as I made it back over to Erelin and Joey.

“Pete can’t find Elissa.” I said.

“Amanda, as I was saying, Sisky left with you.” Joey chimed in.

“He couldn’t have. I am standing right here. Wait a minute. That was my sister.” I said to Joey.

“Why was Elissa with Sisky?” I asked.

“I don’t know. It is none of my business and I thought that she was you. I let Sisky go home because I needed the extra hours.” Joey explained.

“Thanks Joey!” I said grabbing Erelin’s arm and quickly exiting the building.

“Amanda, what is going on?” Erelin asked confused.

“I don’t know. Pete called me looking for Elissa. She was supposed to have showed up at his place tonight but never made it and she did not answer her cell phone. Joey said that Sisky left with her. So, I am going to call his cell phone. I am worried with Ian in town.” I replied.

“Oh, I understand now.” She said as we made it to the car.

“Sisky’s not answering his cell either. That’s odd.” I said as we started to drive over to Pete’s house.

“What could they being doing if she was supposed to see Pete?” Erelin asked confused.

“I don’t know but I don’t like the sounds of this.” I replied driving as fast as I could to Pete’s place.