Dead in the Water

Sometimes Bad Things Just Happen

(Amanda’s POV)
“Any luck?” I asked as I let myself into Pete’s place.

“No.” Andy replied.

“Pete called us from over at Elissa’s. He said nothing looked out of the ordinary but that she was not there. He is heading back over here now to figure out what we all should do.” Chrissy explained.

“He took Patrick and Jenny with him.” Andy replied.

“Where’s Joe?” I asked not seeing him.

“Oh, you know. He is out with Bev on a date.” Nonnie said.

“He needs to get his ass back here. We have more important things to worry about then him being on a date.” Erelin replied.

“Ok, I will call him.” Nonnie replied sighing.

“The last place Elissa was seen was at the morgue.” I said.

“So your boyfriend saw her?” Chrissy asked.

“Well, he left with her. His coworker Joey told Erelin and me that he gave Sisky the night off and he assumed Elissa was me. She showed up to talk to Sisky for whatever reason.” I said sighing as I sat down on the couch waiting for Pete.

“Joe isn’t answering his phone. That is so typical of him because he knows its me calling. Here.” She said handing the phone over to Andy.

“He isn’t going to answer it if I call either. That’s your phone.” Andy said as we all started to laugh.

“Fine.” She said rolling her eyes and heading upstairs.

“Here. I’ll call.” Erelin said getting out her phone from her bag.

I sat there on the couch. I started to have a funny feeling and got up to head upstairs. I needed to ask Nonnie something.

“Hey, Nonnie, I need to ask you something.” I said knocking on her door.

“Sure. What is it?” She asked as she opened it letting me inside.

“I like what you have done to the place.” I replied.

“Thanks. I did not want to use the same colors as my old room since I am not with Joe anymore. I needed a fresh start. You don’t think that Ian found Elissa do you?” She asked.

“Nonnie, I hope not. I know what happens to her in my dreams and I can’t let that happen.” I said sitting down on her bed.

“So what did you need to talk to me about?” She asked.

“I know this is hard for you but can you tell me more about Frank and Gerard?” I asked.

“What brings that up?” She asked looking at me confused.

“Well, I still don’t know much about Frank and you mentioned what started Frank killing vampires and how it relates to Beckett. I was wondering how Gerard fits into it because you have mentioned him before but never said much. All I know is that Gerard was killed by vampires and you feel it is your fault which we all know isn’t true.” I said.

“Gerard was the leader and singer for the band that Frank, Mikey, Ray, and Bob were all in before things didn’t work out because of his death.” She said a little shaky.

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.” I said.

“He was like a big brother to me. He used to punch Frank in the ribs. It was so funny if we ever got into a fight, Gerard would do that to Frank and make him go apologize to me. He would not do it hard though. It was just enough to make him not be so stupid.” She said smiling.

“Beckett killed Gerard. I asked him to go out and get me some ice cream because I was too lazy and sick one night to get it myself. I wanted Fudge Brownie and he volunteered to go get it for me. That is just the type of guy Gerard was. I do not know exactly what Frank was doing or where he was at that time. I do know that Gerard had blown off a party to hang with me. That is why I blame myself. If I had went out myself or never asked him to go get it, then maybe Gerard would still be alive. He is dead because of me.” Nonnie said with tears starting to form.

“Non, you know that is not true. He was your friend and wanted to do that because he was your friend.” I said trying to make her feel better.

“I know but Frank met Brendon and learned how Gerard died and started fighting vampires because of it and now, Frank is a vampire. I have to blame myself for this whole mess.” She said.

“Nonnie who knows, you could have ended up one with Frank still becoming a vampire or Frank could have been a vampire which made Gerard go after him if he was still alive. You cannot blame yourself for something that might have happened anyway.” I said.

“I guess you are right.” She said.

“Oh, here is a picture of me, Frank, and Gerard in happier times.” Nonnie said getting up to get a picture off her desk.

I grabbed the picture and flashed. Beckett was going to have a meeting with someone and it was not Ian. It was Gerard!

“Hey, Pete is back.” Andy replied. “And Erelin got Joe to come back here. Whatever she told him, it worked.” He laughed.

“I’m on my way.” I said with Nonnie following behind me.

I needed to get to that meeting. It was tonight. Beckett knows where Elissa is. I just know it. Why is Gerard meeting Beckett and why don’t I know if he is a good vampire or not? I cannot tell Nonnie this yet that Gerard is alive. I do not want to get her hopes up if he is bad. I have to have a meeting with a Mr. William Beckett.