Dead in the Water

Picture This

“Who is Ian and how did you do that?” Pete asked.

“Do what? How did you do what you did?” I asked confused.

Somehow, when we kissed we heard each other’s thoughts or read each other’s minds. It was one of the two. That has never happened to me before.

“You heard my thoughts?” Pete asked confused.

“You heard mine.” I replied.

“This is creepy but cool.” Pete said.

“Agreed.” I replied sitting back a bit from Pete.

“Since we both don’t know how we did what we did, why don’t we worry about that later? Who is Ian?” Pete asked.

“Why can’t you tell me who Beckett is? I responded.

“Ladies first.” Pete said bowing with his hand.

“Fine.” I said rolling my eyes.

“First off, I wouldn’t get too attached to me. I do not tend to stay in one city for very long.” I said.

“Why is that?” Pete asked curious.

“I just can’t stay in one city for very long.” I said looking away from Pete.

I do not think even he could help me with my Ian problem and I certainly did not want any of his friends to get involved in my mess. I would not be able to bare it if I became close to more people and watched someone else I cared about die at the hands of Ian all because of me. This is a mistake me even getting too close to Pete right now.

“Elissa, you are shaking. Tell me what this Ian has done to you.” Pete said grabbing my hand.

When Pete touched my hand, it was like a long memory flash only I was reliving every memory. Somehow, Pete and I have connected and I sucked him into my memories showing him what had happened to me. When I got to Micah, I pulled my hand away.

“No!” I said getting up. I wanted to run and I wanted to scream. I could not let Pete see the rest. I was running away from Ian, yes, but I was running away from my past with Micah that I blame myself for everything that happened between us. Even though Micah and I left on good terms, I still blame myself for why I cannot look at him anymore.

“I’m sorry, Pete. I don’t know how I did that.” I said uneasy.

“Hey, come here.” Pete said getting up and walking to me with his arms wide open.

I do not know why it is but Pete and I have a connection. I wanted to be in his arms. I wanted to feel comforted and safe. Maybe he could be the one to help me stop Ian.

“Ian was your sire. You run because you feel you cannot defeat him.” Pete said as I fell into Pete’s arms feeling safe.

“He took my life away. I hate vampires. I hate him. I work alone because of him. I do not want anyone to get hurt because of me and so I run because he finds me. That is what I cannot stay in one place for very long.” I said crying.

“Hey,” Pete said pulling me back and wiping my tears, “It’s going to be alright.” “This Ian guy won’t hurt you. I won’t let him.” Pete said.

“No one can stop him.” I whispered.

“Maybe you not alone but together we can.” He said.

“Who is this Micah guy I saw? I saw that he found you and trained you. He obviously did a good job because you are a strong fighter. I saw your moves.” Pete said smiling and I was relieved that was all he saw.

“He was a vampire like us who found me after I was turned and showed me the ropes.” I said leaving it at that.

“I think something else happened that you don’t want to tell me.” Pete replied sitting me back down on the bed. I just looked away.

“Elissa, I won’t pressure you but you can talk to me about whatever anytime, alright? Besides us good vampires should stick together.” He said rubbing my chin.

I smiled and nodded. I was a little relieved that now Pete knows about Ian. We were working on building some trust between us after all he saved my butt and I saved his friend’s life. Everything was happening so fast as I felt we were intertwined somehow.

“So, I guess it is my turn to spill about Beckett?” Pete said breaking the ice between us again.