Dead in the Water

Consequences

“Adam? Elissa? What…How could you?” I turned to see Amanda say as I reached for my clothes. She turned and ran out of the room.

“Amanda, wait!” I heard Pete yell at her as everyone stared at me and Sisky in shock before chasing after Pete.

“This is your fault!” I yelled at Sisky as I quickly tried to get my clothes on.

“My fault? I think it takes two to have an affair.” Sisky snapped back at me.

We made our way outside fully clothed and bickering at each. “Enough!” Pete yelled at us. “Amanda is gone and its your fault!” Pete yelled.

“What do you mean Amanda is gone?” Sisky asked.

“What does it matter to you?” Erelin asked looking pissed off. She had every right to be.

“Ian showed up looking for you. He attacked Amanda as she ran outside here and another vampire saved her but carried her away. What do you have to say to yourselves? I mean who knows where she is but oh you don’t care because you two have been having an affair behind our backs!” Pete snapped.

“Look, Pete, I love Amanda. It just happened.” Sisky said trying to explain.

“Pete, no!” Erelin yelled trying to hold Pete back but failing. He went after Sisky and they were now fighting and arguing on the ground.

“Pete, stop!” I yelled trying to break them both up.

“Get off me!” He yelled as me and Frank pulled them apart. “Don’t touch me or come near me! You are dead to me. We are no longer together. I want your things removed from my room and never come back. I can’t even stand to look at you right now.” He said to me with a bloody lip.

“Pete, you don’t mean that.” I said.

“Not that I am happy about it but I think you should leave and I will be happy to drop you off at your place.” Erelin said smiling and pulling me away from Pete.

“Amanda was right. You always seem to steal Amanda’s boyfriends away from her.” Erelin said.

I looked at everyone’s faces as I followed Erelin to Amanda’s car. I really did it this time. I hurt Amanda and who knows where she is or who she is with. I hurt the man I love, Pete. I always seem to screw things up. Maybe I should be dead. I don’t know if Pete will ever talk to me again.