Dead in the Water

Here We Go

(Amanda’s POV)
“Ok, I have to tell you everything.” Martin said pulling away.

“Do you have to now?” I asked pouting. I could kiss and do whatever Martin wanted all day. Talking was not on my list now.

“Yes.” He said laughing. “In return I want to know about why you are hurting and why you ran out of that building so fast. See, I followed you. I saw you kill Beckett. Then I followed you to where your friends live, keeping my distance so that you and your friend, the other slayer, would not know I was around. Then, I followed you to that club and waited for you to come out and that is when I spotted the trouble which was Ian.” Martin replied.

“You know who Ian is?” I asked shocked.

“Yes.” He replied.

“But how?” I asked.

“I will get to it.” Martin said smiling because I was now back to question mode.

“Wait, so you saw me go through all that pain popping my shoulder in and you didn’t try to help me earlier?” I asked shocked.

“I wanted to. I really did. You do not know how much it hurt me to see you in pain but I could not help you at that time. You defeating Beckett was all you and you had to do it alone. I wanted to rush down and make things better afterwards but I could not. It wasn’t time for me to expose myself.” He said reaching over to my arm and kissing it up all the way to my shoulder. I did not want him to stop. He could have gone all the way up to my neck and I would not have cared, but he was the perfect gentle man.

“When you ran out of the club, I saw your face and I felt your pain. I also saw Ian and I had to stop him. As I said, I am here to protect you. I could not let him hurt you and I will not. I would rather die trying then to live without you here.” He said lifting up my chin and gazing into my eyes with his wonderful blue eyes.

“How do you know when I am in trouble? You have been here for me. You have given me something to fight for. How can you feel my pain?” I asked.

“May I?” He asked pointing to my chest.

“Uh, ok?” I replied confused.

“Your heart beats, does it not?” He asked me placing his right hand over my heart.

“Yes.” I replied.

“I do not know how but I know when you are happy and when you are sad. I just feel it. It makes me feel like I have a heart even though mine does not beat. It hurts me when you are upset.” He said taking my hand now and placing it on his chest.

“We just have a strong connection and it ties into the very first time that we met.” He said.

“You sang to me the night the doctors thought I was not going to make it. It was a beautiful song. Then you sang it again to me two months ago when you somehow new I was not going to make it then. What was it?” I asked.

“It is a song I wrote. You will hear it again.” He whispered in my ear causing me to breathe heavily.

“I want you to lay back here on the couch.” Martin replied getting up.

“Why?” I asked.

“Do you want to know everything?” He asked.

“Yes.” I said lying back.

“Amanda, I didn’t want to leave your side back then. I want you to know that. My mom and I were in the process of moving before my accident. I did not leave any number because of the move. I thought that we would never see each other again. I mean I was moving to a new state. I missed your smile and I loved your eyes.” He said caressing my face.

“I know how much you always wanted your sister’s eyes but I thought that you wouldn’t be you without the blue in them. You were the only girl who seemed to understand me and liked me for me. We had the same interests and I had never laughed with someone as much as I had with you.” He said smiling as we reminisced.

“The first time I saw you was when I was taking my daily walks and I heard music coming from your room. Martin, you had your guitar and were singing some crazy song. You weren’t afraid to talk to me either just because I had pneumonia.” I said laughing.

“From there on, I think we had each other’s hearts.” He smiled. “You have been bitten.” Martin said noticing finally my bite from Micah. Beckett’s had oddly enough healed to where there was no scar.

“Oh, yeah, about that, see, I used to have a dark side.” I said embarrassed.

“Do you still?” He asked studying me.

“I do but I keep it in check. I wanted to know what it was like after I became the slayer and found out that my sister was now a vampire. Micah was a friend of ours who I thought that I loved. He was another good vampire and taught me how to fight. He found me after I was having strange dreams and coming into my powers. He had known my sister. We dated and eventually had sex. He bit me but let us just say that our relationship did not last long.

My sister was the one he was still in love with and that is all I am saying. Micah and I remain friends but it is awkward. I just have bad luck when it comes to guys, just look at my last one. My sister always has a way with stealing my boyfriends one way or another.” I said forgetting that I had not told Martin what had happened yet.

“So that is why you ran out of that club. You saw your now ex and her together and that is why your Pete friend broke up with your sister as well.” He said processing everything. “Don’t worry, I won’t ever leave you. I never did like your sister.” He said grinning and trying to make me feel better.

“So, about what happened to you and why I am lying here on the couch?” I said changing the subject.

“Oh, yeah, about that, I need you to relax and close your eyes. You have had flashes before, right. I am assuming from your ex’s.” Martin asked.

“Yes.” I said closing my eyes and trying to be at peace. Martin grabbed my right hand and held it.

“Here we go.” He whispered in my ear.