Dead in the Water

We Are Done

(Amanda's POV)

"Listen here." Sisky replied. "Your sister came onto me as well. It takes two." He fired at me.

"I know what my sister did and I am not taking her side. Believe me she is going to hear it from me as well. How long has this been going on?" I demanded.

"It started right after you left the hospital, only we weren't having sex then if that is what you mean. Amanda, you became like a whole different person. You weren't the same. Elissa didn't know how to talk to you anymore and then you would act as if nothing happened to you on some days. I couldn't even get through to you." Sisky said as he ran one hand through his hair.

"So how does me acting different make you two hook up?" I asked.

"We started talking when you were in the hospital and our friendship and just progressed. We were listening to each others' fears and before you know it one thing led to another. That was how it happened. Elissa did come to me last night before we were kidnapped to tell me we had to stop what we were doing. She loved Pete and honestly Amanda, I do love you." He said.

"You don't love me. You let me sleep with you when I was finally ready to. If you had only had waited for me to come around, Sisky. Do you know how that makes me feel?" I said holding back the tears. He was not going to see me cry. He doesn't get the satisfaction.

"You are right. I am sure you feel like crap, that is why you went out and got another boy toy. You had to go and get even with me." Sisky said trying to throw this conversation at it being my fault that things are the way they are.

"Martin and I go way back. I don't have to explain him or how we know each other to you. He was there for me when I needed him the most. Do you really know what it is like to die slowly, Sisky?" I asked him.

The fact was I didn't die right away from Beckett's bite. He wanted me to die slowly from the blood loss and I did but I was brought back thanks to some encouragement from Martin and the doctors that worked on me. Now, however, my body is slowly shutting down and who knows how long I have. Sisky would never understand.

"I know because, hello, I am a vampire." Sisky replied.

"No, you died swiftly and came back because you were turned into a vampire. You want to know why I was so distant for two months?" I said so angry right now. "I died slowly. When I died on the ER table, a piece of me died too. You didn't gasp for air for what seemed like an eternity nor did you feel the pain and tightness in your chest from your heart giving out.

Beckett bit me to where I would suffer. He told me he wanted everyone to see me die. Guess what? You and my sister did. You don't wake up and have nightmares about your death because, gee, you are already dead." I said picking up a glass vase off the coffee table and throwing it at him but missing.

"Amanda, I'm..." Sisky said getting up.

"What, you are sorry? I am supposed to take an apology from someone I used to trust and thought I loved? You just don't realize how much you hurt me last night. I feel used. I walked in to save you and I find you with Elissa naked on the floor of that club. I'm done." I said as Erelin and Martin came running down the hall with Brendon of all things behind them. They must have heard the glass shatter from the vase.

"Is everything alright?" Erelin asked.

"They are about to be." I said walking over to our door and opening it.

"Amanda..." Sisky said as he eyed Martin who looked like he could kill Sisky right now.

"We are done. I think it's best if you leave right now." I said as Sisky walked past Erelin and towards me.

"Amanda, I know it will never be enough but I am sorry. I will always care about you." He said walking out of my apartment as I slammed the door on his way out.

I ran over to Martin's arms and sobbed as he held me. One door was finally closed on a chapter of my life. I really liked Sisky and as always my sister has to ruin something good for me. I looked up at Martin. This time, I knew she wouldn't ruin this with Martin and me. My heart has been broken but Martin is helping to mend my heart.

"So what are you all staring at?" I asked as Martin wiped a tear from my eyes. And how and what are you doing here, Brendon?" I asked sitting down on the couch.