Dead in the Water

This Pain In My Heart Aches For You

(Amanda's POV)
"Nonnie...Frank...I have to warn them." I said slowly waking up and trying to sit up but to no avail.

"Amanda, I am here. You need to rest. You have been through alot." I saw Martin say as I opened my eyes and winced in pain.

I looked at myself to see me covered in IV's and all kinds of monitors. My left shoulder was bandaged up and hurting. My body felt weak.

"Did you get ahold of Nonnie and Frank?" I asked grabbing Martin's right arm.

"No. Erelin tried to call her but she never answered so her and Brendon went looking for them to warm them. I am sure that they are fine." Martin said gently brushing my hair out of my face.

"You need to rest. I am going to get the doctor." Martin replied getting up.

"No!" I said trying to sit up. "Shit that hurts!" I cursed.

"Amanda, you had to have surgery on your shoulder and you lost alot of blood. They gave you a transfusion. I thought I may have lost you at one point. There was nothing I could do to help you. You looked so helpless in my arms." Martin said with concern in his eyes.

"I have to tell you something." I said as I felt the difference in my body. It didn't matter how many times I was going to be stitched back together I was falling apart.

"I am going to get the doctor." Martin said leaving the room.

When Martin returned, he had brought with him the doctor. He examined me and asked me if I was feeling pain which dummy me said yes to. That's when he whipped out the syringe of pain meds to place in my IV.

"No. I just woke up. I am fine, seriously I am. I don't want to go back to sleep. Martin..." I said looking at him as the doctor fed me the medicene through my IV.

"Amanda, you need to sleep. You need to feel better." He said trying to soothe me.

"Martin, I have to tell you something." I said starting to feel the fast working medicene starting to kick in.

Martin leaned over to me as I whispered, "Martin, I am dying."

"I know." He replied. Wait, he knew? How did he know?

"What? How?" I asked trying to keep my eyes open.

"You need to sleep." Martin repeated only this time in my head.

"Martin, don't do this to me." I whispered.

"I bit you and made you forget. I wanted to know all about your memories and I knew that you were sick. That is why I am here. It is to protect you and try to keep you alive for as long as possible. I didn't know if you knew what was happening to you and that is why it was important for me to find out. I can't lose you again." Martin said holding my right hand that was IV free.

"So that is how you found me is when I thought of you in my thoughts?" I asked sleepily.

"Yes. It was an instinct for you because we are now connected. I know when you are hurt or in trouble now all the time instead of through my dreams. You thought of me and I heard your thoughts. I can talk to you in yours now as well as you heard earlier." Martin explained.

"Are you mad?" He asked.

"No. I am just a little hurt." I said finally closing my eyes and letting the medicene win.

I awoke up a few hours later. I looked around the room to find Martin asleep in a chair. Then I remembered the last thing he said to me and touched my neck. I remembered what he did to me the other night.

"Martin." I said. "Martin!" I said again. "Martin!" I said this time in my thoughts.

"Amanda." He said snapping awake.

"So, yeah we are connected. Consider that a payback for making me sleep." I said.

"Are you ok?" He asked pulling his chair beside me.

"So how much blood did you drink from me? Is it hard for you not to want to bite me again? I know that when Micah bit me, he had no urges to want to do it again." I said.

"I can control my urges. The longer you have been a vampire, the longer you can control them. However, bad vampires can control them but they don't care. They will take whoever's blood they can get whenever.

"I only drank a little to get you under my control." Martin said.

"You know I was already under your spell without you biting me. I had my darkside in check." I said.

"I'm sorry." He said with worry in his eyes.

"It's ok." I said as he leaned up to kiss me. "Martin, I have to say this. When I am with you, I feel more alive then I have ever felt. Don't leave me." I whispered.

"Never." He said whispering in my ear.

"Are we interupting anything?" I heard Erelin say as I saw her head poke through the door of my room.

"No did you find Nonnie or Frank or both?" I frantically asked.

"Actually, yes." Erelin said walking in alone.

"Wait, isn't visiting hours over?" I asked looking at Martin.

"Vampires can do anything and be very persuasive." Brendon said walking in with Nonnie and Frank behind him.

I looked at a beaten up Frank and Nonnie who had dried blood on her neck and bite marks. "What the hell happened to you? Frank?" I said pissed and looking straight at him.