Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 1st Chapter

The long bus ride home had been an appropriate one for Zachary James Baker. He was weary from the seven-month tour around the United States, various parts of Europe, and South America.

He was in need of a lengthy break from everything. He felt he was finished with music, at least until he was able to clear his head. There was just one thing swimming around in his thoughts and as much as he tried, he could not shake the inevitable feeling that coursed through his body.

The bus slowed to a stop in front of his parents’ home. Zachary was far from ready to return to his parents. He didn’t want to hear their complaints of how he never brought over any girls back to the house. In all honesty, he felt that none of the girls he had dated was worthy enough for his parents.

Taking a deep breath, he jumped off the bus, waving a bye to the driver and headed for the front door. From behind, he heard one of his best friends call his name.

“Zacky! Hey Zacky! Wait up!” Brian called, lugging his suitcase with him.

Zacky turned around, watching Brian attempt to run and drag his bag along with him. It was too amusing and Zacky wished he had his camera in his hands at that moment. He could imagine how Brian’s fans would react to seeing a candid picture of their favorite Avenged Sevenfold guitarist acting in such an idiotic way.

Upon opening the front door, Zacky and Brian met Zacky’s father with a pile of books in his arms.

“Zack! Brian! Why didn’t anyone tell me your tour ended?” Mr. Baker exclaimed, dropping his books, and pouting.

The three men laughed. “I don’t know dad. I told mom,” Zacky explained, picking up the last book his father dropped moments before.

“Ah well. You know how forgetful your mother can be. Now go, go. I have to put these books in your brother’s room and you two need to go relax.”

The duo shrugged their shoulders, dropping their suitcases by the spiraling staircase, and made way to the kitchen. Once there, Brian went straight to the refrigerator, grabbing two beer cans. He handed one to Zacky, who was leaning against the kitchen counter located in the middle of the room.

Brian watched Zacky’s motions while sipping on his own beer. He was aware of that fact that his best friend was having trouble drinking his beverage with content.

“What’s wrong?” asked Brian.

Zack sighed, furrowed his eyebrows together, and sighed. “I want someone I can come home to. I don’t want any more stupid dates, wasting my time and life finding the “right one.” I want the “right one” already. If only she could step into my life at this very moment,” he ranted to Brian, waving his hand above his head in an annoyed manner.

Just then, as though the angels from above answered his outburst, the kitchen door opened soundly from behind Zacky and Brian. A young girl with black hair tied in a messy bun stared back at the two men.

Without delay, Zacky slammed his beer onto the counter, spilling some of the liquid onto the marble surface. “Who are you?” demanded Zacky.

The black haired girl stood, frozen, with a pitcher of a faded pink substance in her hands.

“Who are you?” repeated Zacky, irritated that she wasn’t answering him.

She took a big gulp before shakily walking towards the counter. She placed the pitcher down on the counter and backtracked a few steps. Tucking a strand of hair that was loose from her bun, the girl answered in a meek tone, “I made Mrs. Baker some pink lemonade.”

Afterwards, she left the Baker residence, closing the door behind her. Zacky wheezed in awe. Who was the insufferable girl that barged into his house without any given permission?

“She’s alright,” Brian stated, slurping the rest of his drink.

Zacky whipped his head to look at Brian. His friend was crinkling the beer can in his hands, pouting a bit. Was his mind always on rating every girl he met? “Why are you here anyways Bri?”

“Felt like bothering you.”

“Zachary, you’re home! Oh and Adeline brought over her delicious pink lemonade she’s been promising me for weeks! Have you two met? I think she’s the perfect girl for you,” Mrs. Baker spoke in an excited tone.

‘Adeline?’ thought Zacky.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like this story and I really should have waited to post this story but I love it too much to wait a couple weeks or even a few months. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter.