Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 17th Chapter

The sudden tune of Paramore ringing throughout Zacky’s room told him someone was bored and wanted to go out and have fun. Well that someone was lucky; he was ready to go somewhere and get smashed.

“Abby!” Zacky sang, answering his phone.

“Aren’t you happy to hear from me?” she smirked.

“Course I am! I missed you!”

“Uh huh. That’s not how you acted when we went out to eat.”

“What are you talking about?”

“When you screamed at me for talking low about that waitress girl.”

“Oh, well-”

“It’s okay! I forgive you!”

Zacky turned his head away from his phone and sighed. She was always quick to forgive him when he wasn’t even planning to apologize. That just showed how desperate this girl truly was. Why he didn’t just drop her as a friend, he never knew.

“Where do you wanna go Abby?”

“Where do I want to go? Hey! I know a new club that opened a few months ago. Lots of friends told me it’s really nice there. Are you game?”

A smirk slowly made its way to Zacky’s face. “Definitely.”

A few minutes after Abby and his best friend and band mate, Johnny had picked him up for a night of drinks, Adeline walked down the block at around nine pm that same night, exhausted from her day of helping out at the animal shelter. All the animals had to move to a different location for the next week while the inside of the shelter was to be repainted.

Adeline dealt with fearful as well as rowdy animals that refused to work with her. She came home with battle scars in the form of scratches all over her arms. It was hard work, but worth it. As long as the animals were living in safe conditions, she didn’t care.

The first thing she noticed when she walked into the beach house was the fact that everything was still. She had gotten used to arriving home with the sounds of Zacky playing his guitar up in his room. Tonight, she seemed to be the only person home.

Walking to the kitchen and peering into the refrigerator, Adeline decided to skip dinner. There wasn’t much in the refrigerator besides fruit and junk food, and she was not in the mood to cook something up.

She sighed, and dragged her body straight to her room, collapsing on the bed. She had no room for any thoughts for she fell fast asleep once feeling the softness of her pillow.

A loud thud woke Adeline up from her peaceful slumber. What was worse was the fact she heard the noise in the next room. From underneath her mattress, she took out a pair of brass knuckles. It might have been a silly thought when her father forced her to buy them, but now she was slightly relieved she had this weapon. It might not smite the invader in her house, but she hoped it would stun the stranger and knock them out so she could contact the police.

Rising slowly out of her laying position, she heard another thump. Only this time, it was much louder than before. The thumping was to the right of her—Zacky’s room!

‘Oh my gosh, I hope he isn’t home!’ she hoped.

The noise steadily rose as Adeline crept closer and closer to Zacky’s room. Through the crack the slightly ajar door left, she noticed there were clothes thrown all over the floor. The drawers were open and the stranger was still searching around, swaying slightly. The room shrouded itself in complete darkness, making it easier for Adeline to attack the stranger.

She inched closer and closer until she was right behind the intruder. From the person’s broad shoulders and muscular frame, she was sure he was a man…or a very toned woman. No, no, a man was what she figured. The man reeked of alcohol and mumbled to himself on occasion.

Adeline raised her first in the air, a war cry escaping her lips. Suddenly, the man turned 180 degrees, facing her.

“Zacky?” she gasped.

“Ady! I haven’t seen you in forever!” he cried, hugging her. The smell of alcohol was stronger than ever, making her gag.

“You saw me this afternoon,” she replied, pushing him forward and carefully slipped her brass knuckles into her back jeans pocket.

“But this afternoon was forever ago!” he pouted, head facing the floor. He suddenly gasped and placed his hands on her shoulders. “You have to help me find my boxers! I lost them!”

She refrained herself from giggling but failed completely. She was enjoying his drunken stupor too much. “You’re wearing them, underneath your jeans. Check. I’ll turn around.”

He does so, yelling in triumph. She took that as a signal it was safe to turn around.

“Ohmigosh. Thank you. And he-” He fell to the floor, snoring loudly.

Adeline groaned and crouched down next to Zacky. He was too heavy for her to move. She tapped her chin, looking at the digital clock in his room. It flashed 2:17 AM in bright green lettering.

Maybe calling Matt would be a good idea. Then again, she didn’t want to risk him getting into trouble with his and Zacky’s parents. Instead, she chose Jimmy as her lifeline. He and Adeline had developed a friendship from when he spent the day at her house. He informed her he would arrive at her home as soon as he could.

Adeline waited close to an hour until Jimmy called, notifying her that he was standing in front of her door. She jogged to the front door, opening it. Jimmy walked inside, his hair messy. It looked like he just got out of bed. She felt guilty for pulling him out of bed just to help their friend.

After they put Zacky in his bed, Adeline and Jimmy stayed in the kitchen.

“Sorry you had to see that,” Jimmy apologized.

She couldn’t figure out why he apologized to her. She decided to go along with it though. “Oh it’s okay. I only bothered you because I don’t know how to take care of a drunken person.”

Jimmy raised his eyebrows in surprise. “You’re going to have to learn quick then. Zacky likes his alcohol.”

“That’s wonderful,” she groaned, blowing away the steam from her cup of hot chocolate.

“Do you drink?” Jimmy questioned.

“No, I’ve never had any before.”

“What? Are you crazy?”

“No, strong-willed.”

“Okay….But you’ve been warned about Zacky.”

“Oh boy. That means I really do have to learn quick don’t I?”

“Yup, but I’m here to help!” He went on to explain the special tasks Adeline had to have prepared for Zacky for when he woke up the next morning. She took down notes greedily, wanting to keep Zacky’s hangover to a minimum when he woke up.

After Jimmy finished with his explanation, he gave Adeline a warm smile and went home to get the sleep he had missed thanks to Zacky and his drinking habits. He wasn’t quite sure if Ady was going to be able to keep up with Zacky, but there was one thing Jimmy was sure of; tomorrow was going to be an interesting morning for Ady.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's almost midnight but it's still Friday, so I kept my promise. I'm surprised I didn't get alot of homework this week with it being the week right after spring break. Oh well, that's great for me!