Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 19th Chapter

Adeline saw a herd of college students walk out of Building C of Matt’s college. She looked up with hopeful eyes. He would walk out through those double doors soon enough. It was a good thing she knew his school schedule so well.

Matt walked out of his Calculus class, laughing at the fact his professor had completely forgotten to give the class a test. Instead, the man lectured the entire class time about the importance of keeping a pencil and slip of paper in one’s pockets at all times. The professor was a great teacher, just a bit eccentric with his thoughts.

His laughter died the moment he saw Adeline leaning against the brick building, a sullen expression on her face. He immediately dropped his book bag, walked over to her, and lifted her chin, seeing the tears brewing in her dark brown eyes. He pulled her into a hug as she cried on his shoulder, sobbing.

‘I’m killing the fucker that made her cry,’ he declared to himself.

Brad, one of Matt’s friends passed by and made a slapping motion with his hand before screaming, “Get some!”

Matt scowled and shot the man a death glare. Brad walked away right on cue, fearing Matt was going to knock his lights out. After he glared at the back of Brad’s head until he couldn’t see the man anymore, he turned back to Ady who had her eyes shut tight.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” he asked softly.

She reopened her eyes and bit her lip. “Can we go to the beach?”

He nodded and picked his bag from the concrete. Truthfully, he wished she hadn’t asked to go to the beach to talk. Everyone knew Adeline’s favorite place in the world was the beach, but if she had to go there to speak her mind, something was badly wrong.

They sat in the sand for a long time. Adeline drew artistic scribbles in the sand. Matt took out his textbook and began outlining the chapter. To people passing by, anyone would think the two were a couple enjoying the peacefulness. Little did anyone know, the beast was ready to be free of its reins.

The movement of pen against lined paper halted once Adeline turned her body to face Matt. He hastily closed his textbook and gave her a grim look.

“Matt,” she voiced, moving away from his stare without success, “when I act shy, does it seem like I fake it?”

That was a silly question, he believed. “No. What are you talking about? You’re not shy with me.”

“I’m your best friend. Of course not. Just…Zacky told me my shyness is all an act. He makes me think I act this way to get attention.”

Her eyes tore away from Matt’s eyes and she hugged her knees to her chest. She felt better now that she told someone about this, but she still felt the need to cry. What Zacky told her hit her hurtfully and she just couldn’t get the scene out of her head. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw Zacky’s eyes turn emerald before he angrily spat she was fake.

Taking a deep breath, Matt gently put his textbook on the top of his book bag. Adeline peeked at him, surprised he hadn’t created an outburst. Boy was she wrong.

“I’ll kill him!” Matt shrieked, standing up from the sand. Before he could make one move, Adeline pulled on his hand, pulling him down. “Let go! I’ll kill him!” he repeated again.

“Would you stop?” she breathed, beginning to panic. She didn’t want the two brothers to get into a tassel because of her. “It isn’t very serious. Forget I said anything.”

“Ady no!” Matt shook his head desperately, placing his hands on her shoulders. “He called you fake! I refuse to let him walk all over you like that.” He began shaking her. “I don’t care he’s my brother. HE DOES NOT treat my best friend like that.”

At the very last sentence, Matt’s voice had gotten dangerously low. That was never a good sign. Matt was always the type to show his anger. When he allowed himself to subdue, that only meant he was going to say or do something very ferocious.

“Please don’t. I don’t want to be the reason you two fight.”

“Fine, but I’m talking to him and you can’t stop me!”

“Okay.”

Indeed, Matt was going to have a talk with his brother. In fact, he was absolutely sure his brother would call him by nightfall, asking Matt what he should do to make it up to Ady. Although Matt was a quick thinker, it was almost terrifying how he devised a plan in less than five minutes time.
♠ ♠ ♠
>=D