Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 2nd Chapter

Zacky and his younger brother Matt lounged in Zacky’s room, enjoying the music blasting from Matt’s new laptop. Many would have expected the two brothers to catch up on things they missed from each other from the seven-month separation. However, the two brothers knew that wasn’t how it worked for them. No one could enforce them to remember past events that occurred when they weren’t in each other’s presence, that would only stress them to remember said events, and in the end, forget what had happened.

Personally, Zacky saved his road stories for when he and Matt went out to eat. They always had the best conversations when they spent valuable time with each other anyways.

Matt traced the pattern on the bracelet Adeline gave him for his birthday not two months ago. She hadn’t talked to him in a few weeks and he missed her. No, he didn’t have a schoolboy crush on Adeline who was four years older than he was. Although the four-year gap seemed like a lot to others, to Matt and Adeline, it didn’t mean a thing.

For a teenager of 18, Matt was mature and was able to hold an intellectual conversation with Adeline. They were good friends and he felt out of place since he could not physically see her for so long.

He also noticed that she stopped visiting the Baker residence ever since Zacky returned home. Perhaps she was intimidated because Zacky was well known and considered a celebrity by the tabloids. But to the Baker’s, Zacky was no one famous. He was still the 25-year-old Italian kid that came home to California every summer to leave again by the next summer.

Zacky’s phone rang to the chorus of Paramore’s Misery Business, indicating one of his female friends was calling him. He motioned for Matt to turn the music down, in which case he did.

“Hello?” Zacky said into the phone.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were back?” Abby’s sultry voice whined.

“Sorry babe! I haven’t told anyone besides my parents and brother I’m back. I wanted to take a breather before meeting up with friends again,” Zacky smiled. If Abby called, that would only mean she would drag him out for a night of fun.

“You should’ve told me anyways! I’m an important friend to you. Anyways, on Saturday, I’m thinking of hanging out somewhere at night. Feel like coming?”

She was so demanding and naïve. Although she was in fact a friend of Zacky’s, she wasn’t an important friend like she claimed she was. They were only friends and kept in touch because she had many connections and she was one of those people one would call a “hanging out buddy.”

Zacky was ready to tell Abby that she wasn’t important to him but he decided not to. He didn’t want to deal with her complaining and staying angry with him for half the year to forgive him because he apparently apologized to her when he never did. The only reason she always did that was because she would sometimes appear in pictures with Zacky whenever they sought fun in California.

Instead of informing her of how wrong she was, Zacky said, “I’ll go. Just call me the day before.”

“Sounds like a date! I have to go to work. T.T.Y.L.”

“Yeah, bye.”

“You don’t even like her that much. I saw the look you had on your face,” Matt said, rolling his eyes.

“Hey, we’re friends,” Zacky defended, even though he know he was going to lose the argument.

“You shouldn’t be friends with someone because of “benefits.” It’s the wrong thing to do,” Matt sighed, making air quotes multiple times with his index and middle fingers to get his point across.

Surprised at Matt’s words, Zacky raised his eyebrow, sitting up from his bed. “Who told you about this benefit thing?”

“Ady.”

“Who the hell is that?”

“Adeline.”

Why was this girl suddenly everywhere in Zacky’s life and why was she brainwashing his little brother? Sure, Zacky was using Abby to get special treatments, but in his defense, Abby was using him in return to show up in newspapers and magazines. It would only be a wrong thing to do if she was ignorant of that fact. However, in this case, they were both using each other so it was an okay thing to do.

“KIDS! DINNER!” Mrs. Baker yelled from the foot of the stairs. Matt’s eyes widened and he laughed, sprinting out of the room. Zacky laughed, knowing Matt only got that way when their mom made her famous cheeseburgers.

Although Zacky was very hungry, he took his time descending the stairs to the dining room. He sat down in his seat finding that his family was waiting on him. He smiled apologetically, saying his prayers along with his parents and sibling before he was going to chow down.

Through out dinner, Zacky remained silent, listening to his parents and brother converse about random topics. He also heard many times the name “Adeline” or “Ady” in the mix. He scowled, tearing his napkin in half. He wanted to know what was so special about that girl and why they loved her so much. All he knew was that she was a nosy busy body. He saw it with his own two eyes when she barged into his house without knocking or even having the courtesy to walk to the front of the house and ring the bell.

“Oh Zack,” his father called, “you haven’t met Adeline yet. You’ll get along with her great.”

Great, now even his dad was stuck in her web. Prior to what his dad just told him, Zacky was not going to get along with this Adeline. He wasn’t even going to talk to her. Besides, the only way he would ever see her was if he made a type of play date with her and that wouldn’t happen in a million years, so he knew that he would have the uncanny happiness of enjoying his time home without any sign of her invasions.