Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 20th Chapter

Matt smirked in triumph when he noticed his phone was flashing a green light. Someone was calling him; he had a gut feeling he knew who was on the other line. His smirk turning to a crooked grin, Matt debated whether he should let the phone continue to ring or answer to his frantic older brother.

Sighing overdramatically, Matt pressed the green phone symbol buttoned and sighed exasperatedly, “Hello?”

“Matt? Matt, the BEST brother in the world-”

“You shouldn’t have said that,” Matt said grimly, cutting his brother off completely. He didn’t want to hear the pathetic sweet talking Zacky was trying to expose. He already had the urge to smack Zacky across the face.

‘I knew he was going to say that,’ Zacky said to himself. He pushed the previous memory of his after-drinking episode and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I know that, okay? I need your help. I want Ady to forgive me but she won’t even talk to me. What am I supposed to do?”

“What are you supposed to do? WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO?!” Matt roared, making Zacky pull his phone a few inches away from his ear. After Zacky pushed the phone back against his ear, Matt spoke again. “You shouldn’t have said that in the first place you stupid asshole. I know you were still drunk when you told her that, but do you know how hurtful those words were?! She isn’t faking being shy you twat! It’s not her fault she’s always shy around you! I don’t know what’s so damn scary about you, but you intimidate her. Sorry isn’t enough. You fucked up bad. I don’t think I should even help you anymore.”

“No, no! Please help. I know I shouldn’t have said that but I was angry! She made my headache worse! I’ve tried saying sorry but she wouldn’t even listen to me! I don’t know what to do. Matthew, help goddamn it!”

A plan swirled in Matt’s head. He was going to help Zacky, oh, he was going to give him some great advice. Running a hand through his black choppy hair, Matt yawned, and jumped into his bed. “I feel sleepy. I’m gonna go to sleep-”

“You bastard, you’re supposed to help me!” Zacky complained.

Matt’s patience was wearing thin. Sure, it was fun to mess with his brother, but if that man had another outburst and called him a bad name, he would encourage Ady to stay angry with Zacky until he had to return to tour. Better yet, he would go as far as to convince her to move back to her parents’ home.

That was an extreme but Zacky was being an asshole. Taking a big breath through his nose, Matt said excruciatingly slow, “You need younger help.”

Younger help; that’s what Zacky needed. What was his brother talking about? Zacky rested his head against his lawn chair whilst staring out into the ocean. He reached for his acoustic guitar and began to play a simple melody he had heard many years ago.

A few hours passed since Zacky spoke to Matt on the phone. He vainly hoped that Ady was standing outside his bedroom door, listening in on his conversation so she knew how sorry he felt. He even opened his door and looked left and right to see if she was there. Much to his dismay, she wasn’t even home yet.

Now, Zacky enjoyed the freedom he had to listen to the waves from the ocean. He never found much inspiration at the beach; he just loved the view and how it helped him think. He knew it would be a good idea to leave some of his musical possessions out by his balcony. This place really did help him think when he needed to think without the roar of cars.

In the middle of singing, Zacky dropped his guitar as a triumphant hoot escaped his lips. Matt’s words were cryptic, but Zacky finally figured out what his brother meant! By “younger help,” Matt meant for Zacky to talk to Stella. Ady loved the little girl so much, Zacky was more than positive that Stella could make it so Ady would talk to him again.

He opened the glass sliding door and hopped inside his cool bedroom. He wanted so badly to talk to Stella already, but knew it was late at night. She was only a toddler after all.

Zacky climbed into bed, grinning madly. Once the sun rose tomorrow, he would ask for “younger help,” and by sun set tomorrow, he would be able to talk to Ady again.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Some words in there are not PG-13 at all. xD Sorry about that.

But on a further note, this story has reached ten stars! I checked this morning while in school. YAY!!