Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 24th Chapter

True to his word, not one drop of alcohol had touched Zacky’s lips ever since Ady forgave him. There were many times when he was tempted, but he shook his head with a firm “no” and shut his lips.

Least to say, everyone was surprised. Drinking was a huge part of Zacky’s life, and if he was able to stay abstinent to it, maybe there was some hope left for the boy. By hope, they didn’t mean mind over matter. By hope, they meant Adeline. Zacky hadn’t had her officially meet all the members in his band, but they all did get to meet her on different occasions. They all saw, even Brian, that Zacky himself was his dangerous side. His good and rational side happened to be her. It was funny how things worked out.

Although Zacky hadn’t introduced Ady to his band and the music they played, he did spend a few select nights singing while playing his acoustic guitar for her. In basic terms, he was getting her ready for the band’s music. He was nervous that she wouldn’t like their music.

After a few more songs, Zacky decided to stop and placed his guitar down. Ady gave him an unnoticed small frown. She liked his voice and the songs he was singing. It also helped that they had a nice view of the beach. The stars were gleaming in the sky that night.

“What do you want in life?” asked Zacky, leaning his head back against the lawn chair.

Adeline felt a blush form on her cheeks. “There’s many things I want in life,” she mumbled quietly.

“What? You? You’re the least selfish person I know.”

She blushed again and rubbed her arms. “That’s what everyone thinks.”

He laughed and faced her, shaking his hands at her. “What do you want personally? Not anyone else. Just you.”

“Me?” she pointed to herself. He nodded evenly. She bit her lip. Zacky waited a good minute. He frowned inwardly. He hoped Ady would tell him what she deeply desired in life. He thought their friendship had reached that part where they could confide and trust each other.

“Happiness. I want happiness,” she answered.

“Aren’t you happy?” he gloomed. He didn’t like the idea that something was saddening her.

She couldn’t help but to reveal a small smile. “I am. I just want to be happy in the end. Besides, I’ve talked about myself enough, what do you want in life?”

‘If she isn’t comfortable with telling me everything, I’ll tell her all about me.’ he concluded.

“Do you believe in love?” He decided to test the waters. There was no use in continuing if she was negative towards it.

“Yes,” she said, nodding. She found it exciting that Zacky was going to tell her about himself.

“That’s cool, I do too. That’s why the thing I really want is to find a true love. Sounds really stupid doesn’t it?”

“It actually isn’t. It’s just that some people make love sound like it means nothing.”

“I guess you’re right. I’m sleepy.”

“Then it’s time for you to go to sleep!”

“But I don’t want to! Please don’t make me go!”

Adeline sighed in mock exasperation. “Come on Zachary, you have to go to work tomorrow.”

“I don’t see you going to sleep and you have work tomorrow too!” Zacky whined, still acting like a child. And although she was pushing him into his bedroom and tucking him into bed, he still allowed her to do so.

“Now, have a good night you weird man,” she giggled and kissed his forehead. All he gave her was a stupefied smile. He knew she didn’t know her involuntary actions would be considered affectionate and signs that she may have feelings for him, but how he wish she did know.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's funny, my writer's block was lifted on Mother's Day and I spent a good amount of the day writing. lol