Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 25th Chapter

“Apple! Zacky! Hurry up! Are you sure they won’t be closed? You two are walking so slow!” Stella complained in agonizing impatience. She jumped up and down in her white Mary Jane shoes, causing her white sundress to sway slightly.

“Stella, wait for us,” Adeline scolded, catching up with the energetic little girl.

“But you’re walking too slow!”

“And I have your crayons,” Adeline answered in a singsong voice, shaking the bag holding Stella’s precious Crayola crayons with her. Stella pouted and waited while Zacky and Adeline walked closer to her.

As they entered the shelter, Stella ran into the kitchen, the bag holding her crayons swinging violently in the air. Adeline shook her head while some familiar faces smiled gladly at her.

As Adeline and Zacky reached the kitchen, they were bemused at the sight of Danny on bended knee and Stella pouting at the man.

“Oh, come on, take them! I promised you I would give them to you!”

“Your crayons are important to you. I don’t want to take them away.”

“But I made a promise! I don’t break promises!”

“Yes, keeping promises are important, but this is a favor okay? I don’t expect anything in return.”

“You’re no fun!”

Stella then proceeded to punch Danny in the arm before eagerly accepting her crayons back into her small hands. Stella was willing and able to give up her crayons just so Apple would speak to Zacky again, but an extra bright smile most toddlers showed appeared on her face at the mere realization that she wouldn’t have to give up her coloring sticks.

Zacky tapped Adeline‘s shoulder, catching her attention. “You know, I have this weird feeling that she’s going to turn into you one day,” he told her.

She turned her head to look at him. “Why do you say that?”

“Look at her, already giving to the community.”

“She’s just a very generous niece.”

“Yeah, sure. Aren’t we supposed to take her back to her mom? It’s already one,” Zacky noticed, checking his phone.

“Yeah, you’re right, we should take her back home,” Ady agreed. She walked past the counter towards Stella and Danny who were emptying the contents of a bag of peppermints into a small plastic container.

Danny raised his head and smiled sheepishly at Adeline who crossed her arms against her chest and raised her eyebrow. “She wants to hand out candy to everyone. Don’t give me that look! This was our compromise!”

“Yes, a three year old can make compromises like that.”

“If you haven’t noticed, she’s a lot like you,” he said after Stella ran off with the container of candy, dragged Zacky with her, and handed out a peppermint candy to each person she met.

They leaned against the counter. “How do you think she’s like me?” Adeline asked, intrigued.

“You both like to help.”

“There are many people like that you know.”

“Yes, but you two are related, so there you go.”

“You’re funny, you know that Danny?”

“I know! People tell me I should take up stand-up. Anyways, where’s Matt?”

“He’s in school, why?”

“Nothing, I thought he’d come with you instead of that guy. They’re brothers aren’t they?” Adeline smiled crookedly. “They look similar, sort of. Oh look, they’re coming back.”

Zacky came back with Stella sleeping quietly in his arms. He placed the now empty container on the table and tip-toed up to the conversing friends. “I think now is the best time to take her home,” Zacky chuckled, but stopped himself. He gritted his teeth together and shut his eyes, hoping he didn’t wake up the girl in his arms.

Adeline nodded, waved bye to Danny and opened the front door for Zacky and Stella. They would have to bring Adeline’s niece back to her mother’s house. After that, she would be free for the whole day and would be up to do anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to franks_not_dead. =] I needed a filler chapter anyways, so now you don't have to feel bad.