Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 29th Chapter

The next morning was horrendous. The sunlight peeking into the room was too bright, the seagulls chirping mating calls outside was too loud, and everything seemed magnified in such a way that Adeline had to shut her eyes closed to ward away all the things that were irritating her brain. Her head felt so heavy with a harsh pounding beating against it.

In pain, she twisted and turned in her bed, moaning and groaning about her migraine. The childlike humor continued until a sharp pain started from her left hip and cascaded to tingle down her leg. Confusion struck her as she sat up quickly, but soon regretted it. The action of sitting up caused even more pain to rack her body.

Gasping in small breaths, Adeline stared down at her left hip. Taped on her hip was a white square Ace bandage. “ZACKY!” she hollered in panic.

Zacky ran into Adeline’s room with a loaf of olive bread in his hand and a small chunk in his mouth. To say he was alarmed would have been an understatement.

Adeline and Zacky looked at each other in confusion before it dawned on them there was a bandage covering Adeline’s hip.

Zacky swallowed the piece of bread and placed the remainder of the loaf on the table on top of the TV. He took slow careful steps towards her bed and sat down, facing her. There was never so much terror in her eyes than at that exact moment.

He wasn’t sure what to say to her. Anyway he would say it, he would look like the bad person; and indeed he was. He didn’t want Ady to go away, that was the last thing he wanted, but there was no other option. She would leave once she found out that he was the reason she now had a tattoo.

“Zacky, look at the damage. I’m afraid to,” she whispered, pointing to her hip and turning away to face the wall.

He blinked at her in surprise. She didn’t seem angry, so maybe she already knew what it was and she wasn’t planning to move out? He wished he could’ve believed that, but he knew it was wrong to make such assumptions.

Gingerly, Zacky peeled the bandage away. There was no blood on the bandage—a bit peculiar—but her skin was still slightly red. The fact that she didn’t bleed wasn’t what surprised him. The thing that flabbergasted him was the fact that she decided to get a deathbat tattoo.

Adeline dared to take a glance at the “injury” on her hip until her eyes widened. Her huge eyes moved to his. His smirk fell as he watched the color slowly drain from her face. “That’s what I got?!” she yelled, forgetting of the migraine she woke up with.

He jumped from his feet and backed away. “Yeah…” he mumbled.

“Tell me what happened last night,” Adeline groaned.

Zacky went through a very detailed explanation and even dramatized the certain part where Adeline turned into a daredevil and ran out his car to the nearest tattoo parlor to get that little number on her body. He hoped that would amuse her in the slightest, but she turned paler and paler by the second.

As a last effort, he decided to add, “I remembered wondering, ‘Why does she have to be so damn adventurous when she’s drunk?’” When he felt the tension in the air rise from that statement, he shut his mouth and stared down at his hands.

“Why are you so sad?” she asked, touching his cheek.

Her touch brought a blush to his cheeks, but the warmness drained from his face the instant it arrived. He sighed forlornly. “It’s my fault you have a tattoo. If I didn’t convince you to try out the club experience, you wouldn’t have that right now.”

“Don’t blame yourself,” Adeline pouted. “I…I kind of always wanted one.” She blushed and bit her lip.

What?” He dragged out the word in complete shock.

“Yeah,” she nodded. “I saw all of Johnny’s the first time I met him and the idea stuck in my head.”

“But your mom…”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s not your fault.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“So you’re not leaving and moving out?”

“Why would I? I love it here.”

“Thank God!”

“Please stop screaming.”

“Oh sorry,” he whispered.

“After my headache goes away, can you come with me? I want you there when I tell my mom.” Zacky nodded eagerly. It was one of the few things he could do to make it up to her. He wasn’t sure how else he would do to prove to her how sorry he was, but he had an idea that he could come up with something.