Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 30th Chapter

“I still can’t believe your parents let Matt have a house party,” Adeline mentioned as she and Zacky strolled through the walkway to his parents’ home.

Zacky shrugged. “I’m not. They used to let me have them all the time when I was Matt’s age. The only thing is that I had to clean up the entire house without the parents’ help. When we ask for parties, they take a mini vacation. Trust me, it all works out.”

“If you say so sir!”

Adeline reached for the doorknob, already feeling the vibrations of music. Zacky held her back and smiled at her. “I think that outfit you have on looks beautiful. The person who got it for you must be an absolute God.”

“Oh shut up,” she laughed and opened the door. There was nothing special about a halter-top and jeans. Zacky was being comical to cop a laugh out of her. It was something he did often so he could hear her laugh.

The sound of loud music and the aroma of beer filled the air heavily as Adeline and Zacky walked into the house. He could barely recognize his parents’ home. At every corner were groups of random people he didn’t know. They all had the classic red Dixie cups in their hands.

“I’m killing my brother!” Zacky yelled to no one in particular over the music.

“Why?” Adeline asked while trying to find Matt through the vast crowd of people.

“He’s drinking! He’s underage!”

“He’s not drinking!”

“How do you know that?”

“Because he’s on the second floor!”

She pointed forward where Zacky followed until he laid his green eyes on his brother. They shared a split second argument where Zacky’s green irises narrowed in warning while Matt’s brown irises smiled in innocence. Matt put his index finger up, indicating to the both of them to wait for him.

A few minutes later, he reached his brother and best friend with a wide grin plastered on his face. “Isn’t this party cool?!” he hollered over the music.

“Happy birthday!” Zacky congratulated. “Why do you have booze here?!”

“Oh shut up! You act like you weren’t drinking like a party animal when you were 19!”

“I wasn’t!”

“LIAR!”

“Zacky! Why are you here?!”

He turned and cringed as Abby pushed her way through people. She was holding a red cup while trying to squeeze her way through the little spaces that were visible. When she walked up to the group, trying to fix her composure, Zacky’s eyes widened.

Abby’s curly hair hung daintily by her shoulders, she wore three inch leopard print heels, black leather pants, and a very revealing v-neck top that made her breasts practically pop out.

Abby knew that was the only distraction she needed before she was able to pull Zacky away from Adeline. She grabbed his arm and pulled him into the crowd of people, leaving behind Matt and Adeline.

Matt saw the sadness in his best friend’s eyes and almost screamed. He almost resented the effect his older bother had on her. First, Zacky made her cry. Second, he persuaded her to drink. Third, he let her get a tattoo. Finally, he made her like him.

“Ady, I want you to meet one of my friends,” Matt screamed again, pulling her up the stairs and into a room where two guys were trying to hurt each other with their hands tied behind their backs. “Gary!”

The person named Gary turned his head and grinned when he saw Matt. The two men gave each other slaps on the back and walked out of the room. “Happy birthday. You’re getting old!” Gary mused, punching Matt’s shoulder.

“Yeah, I know. I feel old. Oh, this is my best friend Ady. Ady this is one of my classmates, Gary.”

Adeline and Gary gave each other shy smiles.

The silence was deafening even though rambunctious people surrounded them. Matt decided it was time for him to push Gary towards Ady’s direction. “Ady,” Matt said, catching her attention, “Gary here is majoring in psychology. He wants to become a child therapist. Isn’t that cool?”

A genuine smile appeared on her face. She looked at Gary, noticing his eyes were very blue. “Really?” she breathed. “I love children. They’re so innocent and adorable.”

“Me too. I have a little nephew who just turned two. He runs around my apartment for no intentional reason until he passes out.”

“He sounds adorable!”

Matt left the two to talk as he walked around the second floor to observe things. This was his party, but he would rather remember the day. He wanted to see what type of drama would unfold.

He hit the jackpot when he found Zacky staring at Ady and Gary with watchful eyes. They were all on the bottom floor, surprisingly in the same area. The kitchen was the only place that wasn’t so crowded. Zacky was leaning against the wall as Abby excitedly spoke to him, not noticing he wasn’t paying any attention to her. Ady and Gary sat at the kitchen table, talking and laughing.

More than once, Zacky started making his way towards Gary, but Abby wouldn’t leave him alone. Aggravation was clear across his face. He looked like he was ready to strangle Abby and Gary, for that matter. Oblivious Gary and Ady were still talking, seemingly in a very heated conversation.

Matt smirked. He knew that Ady and Gary would make a perfect match. Gary was 26, but Ady was very mature for a 22-year-old woman. She was intelligent as well as a huge humanitarian. Gary was also that, very active in charities and at the children’s hospitals. Adeline was talking to a real gentleman now. Zacky was not going to hurt her anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was the "something" up Matt's sleeve. He isn't that evil of a person, so this has to do lol