Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 31st Chapter

It was a satisfying afternoon with the sun hiding behind fluffy white clouds. That could only mean the warm and pleasant weather attracted those of all ages. They were drawn to the spacious and popular Huntington Beach Central Park. Among those people were Adeline and Gary.

“What “special event” is this again?” Adeline asked as Gary walked with her on the red brick path. They passed by little children playing frisbee with their parents or flying kites. It felt like a Thomas Kinkade moment.

Gary smiled proudly. “There’s a benefit concert for cancer nearby. We just have to find it.”

She smiled as they continued on their small journey to the concert. She liked how Gary was so charitable. It was nice to have a friend sharing her same goals.

They walked farther and farther into the park. Adeline noticed there were many teenage girls around. She wondered if they also wanted to help beat cancer.

“I think this is it,” Gary determined, grabbing Adeline’s hand as he maneuvered through groups of people until they were in front of the crowd.

Five men walked onto the stage, bearing guitars, drumsticks, or a microphone. Adeline gasped when she saw Matt. And of course, Gary took notice. “Something wrong?” he asked.

“I know them,” she said softly and pointed.

Gary gave her a polite smile. “Yeah…they’re Avenged Sevenfold.”

“No, I know them. I live with Zacky.”

“Wow that’s cool! No wonder why you’re wearing that VU shirt.”

“Huh?” She looked down and huffed through her nose. It had to be a coincidence that she wore her pink Stayin’ Cool shirt. Then again, it wasn’t a coincidence either way. She wore the shirt because that week happened to be Teacher Appreciation Week too.

The thing that was bothering her was the fact that Gary believed her when she said she was Zacky’s roommate. Not many people believed her so easily when she stated she lived with a famous rock star. It wasn’t difficult for others to be skeptical of this idea since there were many fans that fantasized of living with their favorite celebrities.

Ady shook her head slowly. She couldn’t grasp onto the fact that she lived with such a famous person. To her, Zacky was like everyone else. He was human and had needs like everyone else who needed food and shelter to survive. The only difference was he was blessed with a large salary. Even then, she couldn’t imagine herself going star struck on Zacky. She couldn’t betray him like that.

Onstage, Zacky spotted Ady as well. A smile grew on his face. He was surprised to find her at the concert since he didn’t tell her of it and since she never exactly listened to the band’s music before. However, that smile went away and turned into a savage scowl when Zacky saw that guy from Matt’s birthday party pull Ady in for a hug. It was safe to say Zacky almost popped a vein.

“…Right Vengeance?”

Zacky’s icy green glare shifted towards Matt. “Uh…Yeah!”

“Nice. You heard it everyone. Zacky secretly lusts after Jimmy. Always knew it.”

He realized what he agreed to and gasped. “What? No! Shut the fuck up!” he growled, glancing back at Gary.

Throughout the entire show, Gary never saw Ady’s stare falter at Zacky. Her eyes were bright and admiring.

“You like him don’t you?” Gary said it so obviously that Ady blushed and looked down at the grass. “I’m gonna take that as a yes. Why don’t you ask him out?”

Her eyes narrowed to slits. He almost regretted making that suggestion. “Are you crazy?!” she hissed, almost like a snake. “Zacky doesn’t like me in that way!”

“And why not?” Gary pressed on.

“I’m not outgoing.”

“You’re kidding. Yes you are.”

“Yeah sure.”

Gary saw Zacky’s unmistakable figure walked towards them. Without avail, he hugged Ady, catching her off guard. Zacky’s nostrils flared, something Gary also took notice in when he peered at the green eyed man through his sunglasses.

“Ady, Gary,” Zacky said in a low voice.

Adeline detached herself from Gary and smiled at Zacky. The smile she gave him wasn’t just any smile. It was a smile where her eyes lit up and all of her pearly white teeth showed through and through. It was the kind of smile that made Zacky’s heartbeat pace faster.

Seeing her smile made Zacky’s anger go down a bit. “What are you doing here? You don’t listen to my band.”

His anger flared up again as Gary slung his arm around her shoulders. “I do though, and this is for cancer. Since Ady likes donating to charity like I do, I figured she’d enjoy this.”

Although Gary’s tone was nice and carefree, he knew he was egging on Zacky’s jealousy. His eyes were literally green with envy.

“Mm-hm,” he finally answered. “Ady, I’ll see you at home right? I have a meet and greet.”

“Bye Zacky,” she smiled and waved.

After Zacky was out of earshot, Gary doubled over and laughed heartily. When his episode was over, he grinned at her.

“What?” she asked, startled at his gaze.

“He likes you!” he accused, pointing a finger at her. “I told you! Did you see the jealousy?”

“No?”

“Wow Ady! He was totally saying that even though I get to spend time with you, you‘ll always come home to him.”

“Gary, stop. Zacky does not like me. Maybe I wish he did but-”

“Oh my god!” he squealed. “You do like him!”

“What are-” Ady’s eyes almost popped out of her head once she realized what she had previously said. “Holy crap…I do like him,” she muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stayin' Cool shirt

It's sold out though. Phail. =_=