Status: I think I have the cutest subscribers. Seriously, you gals are amazing and sweet! <3 And also, thank you for reading.

Your Colorful World vs. My Black and White World

The 33rd Chapter

“I’m wasted.”

Yup, that was the best thing to wake up in the middle of the night for. If only that sarcastic thought wasn’t so sarcastic to Adeline. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she sat up from her bed and took a deep breath. “What?! You said you weren’t going to drink yourself silly!”

“I lied,” he stated bluntly.

“No crap,” she grumbled. “I’m surprised you can even speak without slurring.”

“You’re funny.”

‘Well apparently you speak in two word sentences when you’re drunk.’

“Bye Zacky.”

Before he could even protest, Adeline ended the call and made a move to throw her phone against the wall, but decided better on it, and threw it forcefully onto the bed. Normally, she would be shocked at her sudden anger, but she realized she didn’t care about how she was acting at the moment. The fact that Zacky had only been touring for two months and already he was heavily intoxicated bothered her.

Adeline walked into her closet, yanked an empty suitcase out, placed it in the middle of the room, and unzipped it. Fuming, she opened all her drawers and began to throw clothes into the suitcase.

After stuffing a good amount of clothes into the case, she zipped it shut, and dragged it into the bathroom so she could grab her necessities. While rummaging through the medicine cabinet to find her lotion, she shook her head. It was hard to believe that Zacky gave into his addiction so quickly. If he didn’t stop soon, one day he would reap the prices.

In the heat of the moment, Adeline also called her best friend, Matt, who was probably asleep. Who was she kidding, she knew for sure Matt was sleeping. It was after all, midnight. Still, Matt answered his phone with a groggy, “Hello?”

“Where is the next venue your brother’s band is going to perform?” she asked, yet demanded.

“Vegas,” Matt mumbled, falling back asleep. Then, he wondered why Ady was asking. “Wait, why?!”

She shrugged even though Matt wasn’t with her. “I’m going there to yell at him.”

Matt jumped out of bed, successfully stubbing his toe on his bedpost. “Why? Ady tell me why!”

“He’s wasted…again. He did so good while he was here,” she sighed, holding her forehead in the palm of her hand. Adeline was now sitting outside of the beach house, her suitcase sitting next to her.

“I get that, but really, you’re going to Vegas to scream at him? Seriously?”

“Yes! He deserves it! I told him not to drink or he’d be in a world of trouble, and I didn’t mean from me.”

“I get you’re angry, but think about it. You go to Vegas, yell at him, then return home to find out he’s drinking again,” Matt reasoned. He did not want his best friend to see the crazy things that could and would happen while Zacky was on tour.

“Who says I’m going to come back home after I yell at him?” she quickly snapped.

“Oh, uhm, I am?”

“Bingo. I’ll stay at a hotel to watch over him. Obviously his friends can’t and he doesn’t know the word sober.”

“You love him don’t you?” Matt asked bluntly, hoping she would slip up and give him an answer in her anger. It wasn’t often Ady was angry, and when she was, she always spoke her mind. It was almost as though she had alcohol in her system, except for the fact that she was conscious of her physical actions, but not her verbal actions.

That question caught Adeline off guard. She sputtered and wasn’t sure how to answer the question. “What? No. I care for him. He’s a friend.”

Who was she fooling? The fact that she was speaking in small sentences meant she didn’t mean what she said. Well, okay, it was true that she cared for Zacky and that he’s a friend, but if one read between the lines, they could see that an “I love Zacky” was in there somewhere.

“Do you love me?” Matt questioned.

Adeline rolled her eyes. She was tired of Matt’s endless questions. “Of course I do!”

“So why don’t you love my brother?”

“He isn’t you.”

“That’s true, but we’re related by blood so I’m a lot like him in ways, so that means that you have to love him too.”

“You need your sleep. I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“Hey! That’s rude, don’t-”

And for the second time in a row that night, Adeline hung up on a Baker.
♠ ♠ ♠
(o^-^o)